You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo works very slow and unaccurate after update

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why you (Affinity/Serif) emailed me again asking for money, despite me having already opted out marketing emails. The support for V1 was atrocious, as are the updates. Like I said (above) with V1, you broke it and couldn't be bothered to fix it - you expected me to roll back to a much older version, even though I'd paid for support up to V2. You preferred to argue with me (and others on this thread instead). You've now made V2 which presumably (probably not) fixes the fatal bug in V1 that so many of us complained about - but now you expect us all to pay $120 for those bug fixes and a new GUI? Er, no. Like I said to you in the past (and in reply to your, "Buy V2 Now!" email) - I'll be grabbing a cracked version of V2 - The Pirate Bay offers better support for your software (for free). Now F**king take me off your marketing email and don't ask me for any more money or I'll consider pursuing this as harassment or consider hitting you with an LOIC, DDOS or MailBomb campaign.

6 hours ago, VeganPete said:

I'll be grabbing a cracked version of V2 - The Pirate Bay offers better support for your software (for free). Now F**king take me off your marketing email and don't ask me for any more money or I'll consider pursuing this as harassment or consider hitting you with an LOIC, DDOS or MailBomb campaign

Hmmm, admitting to intended criminal activity is probably not the best way to start your criminal career. Probably best if you don't unsubscribe from Serif's marketing emails just yet as you will be thankful for any emails you receive whilst being locked up for a few years

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

yeah this would be a costly mistake but no one wins because if its true that VeganPete (who would for the next part to kick in have to live in the EU) opted out of the mailing list, the less severe infringements of GDPR for the mailing-list violation is going to be a costly mistake for Serif which could get a fine up to €10 million, or 2% of the firm’s worldwide annual revenue from the preceding financial year, whichever amount is higher.
https://gdpr.eu/fines/

After Brexit the fines are different as described in the UK GDPR;
https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/gdpr-penalties-and-fines

• a maximum fine of £17.5 million or 4 per cent of annual global turnover - whichever is greater - for infringement of any of the data protection principles or rights of individuals
  • a maximum fine of £8.7 million or 2 per cent of annual global turnover - whichever is higher - for infringement of other provisions, such as administrative requirements of the legislation

Edited by myclay
spellchecks, added current UK law link

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | artstation store

Windows 11 Pro - 23H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

On 11/12/2022 at 4:18 AM, carl123 said:

Hmmm, admitting to intended criminal activity is probably not the best way to start your criminal career. Probably best if you don't unsubscribe from Serif's marketing emails just yet as you will be thankful for any emails you receive whilst being locked up for a few years

That's great. They have my name and address and a log of this entire forum thread and the accompanying email correspondence - I'll look forward to any Court Proceedings it'll be great to see which side it falls on - the vendor or the consumer. Just so you know - saying you're going to download cracked software is not illegal, however - they've actually taken my money, they've not provided a service I paid for, they have not offered the support I've paid for and they have refused to refund the payment and broken GPDR rules by contacting me with marketing - asking me for more money for updated software - all those things are unlawful. So take your keyboard-warrior fantasy version of a disgruntled hacker going prison - and actually push for a real prosecution - lets see what happens in the real world.