You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rotate ability with screen tablet

I bought Designer and Photo roughly a year ago and mainly for logo creation and basic photo editing.
I still had Photoshop and Illustrator at the time and I have recently started using Designer and Photo for 2d character creation and animation vector design.
Both programs I've noticed don't seem to have the ability to rotate the canvas easily like I can do in Photoshop.
I would like to unsubscribe from both of my Adobe products but not being able to quickly rotate my canvases is pretty much stopping me from completely switching.

In Adobe it's easy to just Press R and use my pen to rotate my canvas.
Having to remove grab my mouse every time I need to rotate my canvas takes time and really is a pain.
Is this something that will be added in before too long?

I'm really wanting to switch over to my affinity programs but if this basic feature isn't going to be implemented I might just uninstall them and stick with Photoshop and Illustrator.

Something simple like a shortcut button and the pen being able to rotate would make the workflow 100x faster.

Thank you

• Staff

Hi @Koreanman01,

Many thanks for your feedback here! I'll be sure to move this thread to the relevant section of our forums, so our devs can see and consider adding this feature in a future update.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

So I figured out a solution.

For my character design, digital drawing, and painting Clip Studio Paint is better suited.

But for photo manipulation I'll stick with Affinity photo and for graphic design I'll stick with Affinity Designer.

I didn't realize that CSP was geared solely for that area. With graphic design I don't need to rotate the canvas very much so it's not a big deal. It would be a nice feature though. Especially for photo editing in photo.

But I found a good solution for my character design since I got rid of my abobe subscriptions.

• 2 months later...

I would like to just say that yes, absolutely this should be added to Affinity Photo. Just recently I noticed how great painting is in Photo with the changes done to resizing brush. It works perfectly now, very cool! Rotating canvas would be very necessary as well - please kindly think about it since rotating is already implemented but is really uncomfortable with stylus. You fixed resizing brush - please fix rotating as well haha.

Another small idea that could help digital painters would be ability to reverse brush from painting to working as eraser. Basically you just push button and brush works as eraser instead of painting. You push it again and is back to painting. Very cool option.

In any case - I really appreciate how Photo now works for digital painting!