Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.10.1.1135

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Not Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.10.1.1135 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.10.0 version recently released to all customers. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

• Fixed instance where a document could get into a state where it could not be saved
  • Invalid URL hyperlinks prevent PDF export
  • Fixed crash on launch when a sync'd asset references an unavailable font

Affinity Publisher for Windows 1.10.0 Release Notes

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

Why 1.10 beta when we got 1.10 retail ones?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

32 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Why 1.10 beta when we got 1.10 retail ones?

It's a beta of 1.10.1, Petar. The retail is 1.10.0.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

Fixed crash on launch when a sync'd asset references an unavailable font

What is a "sync'd asset"?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

What is a "sync'd asset"?

one you download via My Account (in this case the very old iOS 11 UI Kit)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

@AdamWVery happy to have this, as all your work; often compliment it on DPReview.

Yet you are repeating a pattern here that isn't so healthy, no?

• you release, we are happy
  • immediately, you push a Beta...with very important fixes (cf. breaking projects so they don't open; also, crash on your downloaded assets)

This has happened each time recently, and I can't think it makes non-beta users happy, if they even know of it.

Or get bitten by the important issues..

I fully appreciate about release cycles, and how things turn up anyway, but since you come back each time so rapidly, it seems clear you know about the problems when you release, and just don't re-initiate the testing to assure no retreats, for an actually sound release.

Thoughts from rather dev-experienced here; hope they get suitable wakeups with your crew....

Best,
Clive

I appreciate your efforts for maintaining the apps updated. However, the problem several of us reported about the use of the "." of the numerical pad as a decimal comma (in spanish and other languages) still continues without correction. In the past, I think version 1.9 or 1.8, if I typed the "." of the numerical pad in the transform menu (for example for changing the width of a rectangle) it was interpreted as a comma and aplied the change accordingly. For example, 12.9mm was interpreted as 12 mm and 9 tenths. However, none of the betas (neither the 1.10) after this versions recognize the "." of the numerical pad as a comma, so 12.9mm is interpreted as 129mm. This force us to use the "," of the main keyboard to write decimals, which is quite annoying and much less productive. I pointed out this issue several times but it seems that nobody at Affinity seems to have paid attention to my problem. The Affinity team should also take care of the spanish (and other languages) users, not only english users.

Thanks

javier 

• Staff
6 hours ago, MadeGlobal said:

NOT FIXED for opening my 1.9 afpub file. Still crashes in the same way.

Sorry, not yet. This quick beta was built specifically to address the three items specifically listed and no other issues yet. That does not mean that your problem will not be investigated or fixed before 1.10.1 is formally released, this is just the first patch for a few issues currently affecting many people.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

(not compliant to RFC 3986)

A grammatical nitpick here: it should say “not compliant with” or “not conforming to”. I wonder where the quoted wording comes from.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 8/13/2021 at 10:21 AM, Lagarto said:

Nothing at all seems to have been fixed -- I wonder if even correct build got packaged in... Or do I need to reset something?

emailbug.jpg.e91a53ce6ef4e6ab3c2e5c968e30c05e.jpg

PDF_create_action(p_0x000001F009A81D30, "URI", "url={mailto: Jdoe@acme.com}")
[Last exception 2863 in PDF_create_action]["URL 'mailto: Jdoe@acme.com' is invalid (not compliant to RFC 3986)"]

PDF_create_action(p_0x000001F867273660, "URI", "url={mailto:Jdoe@acme.com?subject=Test message åäö}")
[Last exception 2863 in PDF_create_action]["URL 'mailto:Jdoe@acme.com?subject=Test message åäö' is invalid (not compliant to RFC 3986)"]

This is exactly same behavior as in the current release:

1) The error halts PDF creation. It should never do that, but continue creation after possibly having notified user about incorrect mailto addresses having been found. It could notify this also in Preflight.

2) The code does not itself try to compose a valid address from the user-given plain text parts, but just adds mailto:, and stops there. It should be capable of removing any preceding or tralilng spaces from the address part, and be able to percent-encode spaces and non-ASCII characters in parameter and data parts. Many apps create mailto links without percent encoding and this should be passed through in context of PDF creation. Most mail clients (e.g. Outlook and macOS Mail) can process unencoded parameter data at least in subject parameter without any problems. If you at some point process mailto links of opened PDFs or IDML files, you probably find that most of these links will come with unencoded subject data. 

3) The app should not leave URI creation to the user but ideally have Email field that only accepts address part (no ? and & allowed and spaces removed), and then provides the parameter field (InDesign has a field called "Subject", but it can probably handle other headers, as well). The point is: if the user is not supposed to type in "mailto:", they should not be be supposed to type in stuff like ?subject=My%20subject&body=My%20body%20text either. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.