You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

URGENT - How did my entire work board rotate off level?

Thank you Bryce,

I feel like such an idiot. I still don't know how it happened, I was trying to select an item with the direct selection tool on a lower layer using the command key at the same time as selecting and before I knew wht was happening the pasteboard had moved around the current axis selction. I will have to whatch that one it is annoying.

Thanks again, Steve Warren

The transform panel has an angle setting; there are a lot of controls in close proximity there. Just blame the transform panel. That way you won't have to take the heat. :)

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

Very kind, but I am afriad, this one is definately on me, no mistake. You are correct though it is a crowded panel. While we are at it, WHY is the type leading so far from the Type size box??? That I din't get at all.

Steve

Totally agree regarding leading - should be next to type size, or at least close to. All it needed was a "/" as a separator between fields and all would make sense.

As to the initial query on canvas rotation- this functionality can be turned off I believe.

At least for OSX Desktop:
Preferences > Tools > uncheck "Enable canvas rotation with cmd+scroll wheel."

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

Very kind, but I am afriad, this one is definately on me, no mistake. You are correct though it is a crowded panel. While we are at it, WHY is the type leading so far from the Type size box??? That I din't get at all.

Serif has grouped the attributes in the Context Bar into Paragraph and Character attributes.

The Context Bar has the usual assortment of character attributes followed by character style. Then it has paragraph style followed by the usual assortment of paragraph attributes, the opposite order of character. I'm unsure why it's the way it is but there you have it.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)