Sign in to follow this  
jude

Text layers disappear when some fonts for the psd file are missing.

Hi, my name is Jude, I'm a front-end developer.

I tried opening the psd file received from my designer and the file contains some font that I haven't installed. Affinity Designer then said:

Some fonts for '01.index.psd' are missing. The document might not appear as you expect.

The following fonts are missing:
DFMingStd-W3
MicrosoftJhengHeiRegular

After pressing "OK", I found that all text layers didn't exist. When using Adobe Photoshop, even if I have not installed the extra fonts, I still can see the text layers and copy or change the contents.

Wish we can use Affinity Designer with the layer's information correct, at least. Thanks.

We will be improving PSD import, including adding import customisation options to better handle these situations.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

The text should still show - but in Arial font, if the font is missing.. is it possible for you to send the PSD to support@seriflabs.com so we can fix? (All files sent here are confidential, and deleted once the problem is fixed).

In preferences, you can untick "Favour editable text" too - this will bring in text as pixel layers, so they will look perfect but be uneditable.

AndyS

@Andy Somerfield

I saw the text layers, but it didn't show. The content was created in Chinese, if it shows in Arial font, I think it would be some square blocks with correct font color, but I saw nothing in the canvas.

Thanks.