You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

High Quality PDF exporting as pixelated/blurry (Using Illustrator File)

Beck

Hey Team!

Posting this incase it is a bug! After chatting on the forum we've found that for some reason Affinity Designer exports certain elements blurry and pixelated in a High Quality PDF. 

This happens to me on a regular occasion especially on detailed artwork. This time, i thought i would try get down to why this is happening all the time. 

In this case, this artwork was created in Adobe Illustrator where i could open it and work on it fine on Affinity. Although, when i go to export it as a High Quality PDF, it rasterizes parts of the Artwork making a lot of the elements go blurry and pixelated. 

My team member using illustrator on the other hand have no issue exporting it as a crisp finished High Quality PDF. 

I have attached the Illustrator File (which you can open in Affinity) and also the PDFs exported from Illustrator (you will see complete artwork is crisp and HQ) and Affinity (you will see parts are blurred when zooming up). 

This is the forum (

)

I had tested these suggestions from the forum and deleted these elements although still exporting pixelated. I am hoping there is some solution to this as we do a lot of work alongside designers who use Illustrator.

Look forward to hearing back from the team! 

thanks! 

[MCKINLAY] Logo Design.afdesign [MCKINLAY]_Logo_Design.ai [MCKINLAY]_Logo_Design.pdf [MCKINLAY] Logo Design - Affinity Export.pdf

• Staff

Hi Beck,

The PDF - digital high quality preset has 'Allow advanced features' intentionally disabled. Your document appears to contain lots of groups with an Opacity of less than 100%. I believe Transparency is considered an 'Advanced Feature' and so with that disabled these groups will get rasterised.

Enabling that option will still send pretty much everything out as vector and look correct (Alternatively you could try the PDF for Print preset) There were a couple of objects on both of the bowties but I believe Joachim_L has covered those in the post above.