You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher V 1.10.0 - problems?

Hi

Just spent a disappointing afternoon trying to update my apps to 1.10.  I have now gone back to V 1.9.2 as these are reliable for me.

With 1.10 both Photo and Designer crash when both apps are trying to load fonts and from what I can tell Publisher app loads up OK (however I have not test it out). I have no time to spend trying to figure out why this happens hence I have gone back to 1.9.2 on all my Affinity Apps. Just as a heads up I have tried to update all apps with my security software turned on and off - but this has no effect on the problems trying to update my apps to 1.10.

Just for info, I have a Lenovo P500 ThinkStation running Windows 10 Pro, an NVidia Quadro K4200 GPU, 32 Gbytes of RAM and no storage issues.

Any ideas as what could be the problem?

Regards

Vitamin X

• Staff

Hi @Vitamin X,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We are aware of this issue and investigating what's causing there crash. The problem seems to be related with some assets/fonts downloaded to your account within the app (menu Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher > My account). If you reset the app (press and hold CTRL while launching the app until a Clear User Data dialog appears) tick Reset Account Data option then press the Clear button, the app should start without issues. Make sure you DON'T sign-in in your account again until we fix the underlying issue.

Thanks

I think I'll stick with V 1.9.2 until such time a solution is found as I cannot even get V 1.10 to load once installed.

Presumably we should all get an email (or some sort of notification) from Affinity when this bug gets fixed (?)

Best

Vitamin X

5 hours ago, Vitamin X said:

Vielen Dank

Ich denke, ich bleibe bei V 1.9.2, bis eine Lösung gefunden ist, da ich V 1.10 nach der Installation nicht einmal zum Laden bekommen kann.

Vermutlich sollten wir alle eine E-Mail (oder eine Art Benachrichtigung) von Affinity erhalten, wenn dieser Fehler behoben ist (?)

Am besten

Vitamin X

Da ich das identische Problem und daher auch jetzt wieder das 1.9.2 downgrade einsetze würde mich auch interessieren wie ich Kenntniss über eine neue Version )in der das (1.10 Problem behoben) ist bekomme. Affinity zeigt ja nur an das eine neue Version verfügbar ist, nicht aber welche.

Hallo

Ich denke, wir können in der Zwischenzeit nur in den Affinity-Foren nachsehen, ob sie einen Bugfix für v 1.10 ankündigen. Ich wüsste nicht, wie Affinity seinen Nutzern einen Bugfix zu V 1.10 ankündigen würde. Ich denke, es ist ein Fall von "Beobachte diesen Raum"

Am besten

Vitamin X