You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it even possible to get support from Affinity? (Solved)

The issue I was experiencing seems to be fixed. See my comment bellow for how I fixed it.

I've had this problem for months. I cannot validate my installation of any Affinity software. I was really hoping that 1.10 would fix my installation issues, but it hasn't.
When you click on support it says "Go to the user forums" well guess what? I've done that and no one from Affinity actually helps with any questions I've ever asked.
I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled with the new version 1.10 (I own the entire suite) and I still get the same error (See attached screenshot)
Seeing as I can't seem to actually contact anyone with the company, I'm just stuck with dead unusable software. This is incredibly frustrating! How is there literally no support for this software? Is there even someone I can talk to to get a refund? Nothing?

Here is a link to the first time I asked this months ago... Nothing from Affinity....

Here, again, is the screenshot:

Affinity Fail.png

Edited by rsmcguitar
Solved

Sorry to hear that you have not got this working.

I'm going to make some guesses.

On your PC, you're running a user profile that is not an administrator profile. I say this due to the path the error is showing for the license file. That file is license.xml. I looked on my PC and the ProgramData folder is not located under the location referenced in your error message. It is located at C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Designer\1.0

progdata_licxml.jpg.1246f0d10a1f2193d89fe4e5441b4096.jpg

On your PC, go to C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Designer\1.0 and see if the license.xml file is there? If so, you should be able to edit that file using Notepad or any text editor. Right-click on it and select open with notepad or which text editor is showing.

Once you have it open you should see an entry <key>numbers in here</key>

licxmlfile.jpg.3a711f21ac09f2afb258682f821c7e70.jpg

YOu should be able to enter your license key, then save it. However what concerns me is you don't have security permission to save files to the location Affinity is using. IF not then you will need to change them.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

22 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

Sorry to hear that you have not got this working.

I'm going to make some guesses.

Thank you for helping. I am indeed an administrator on my PC.
I was able to find the license files in the location you pointed out. The thing is they are all there and are filled in with the correct information already.

What's weird is I'm using the default install path, so I don't know why it needs to install into that user folder that is causing the error.

Since the license files are complete, I'm really not sure why your system is throwing a tantrum, and not wanting to run normally. The only logical thing is what's been mentioned before, a permissions issue. What's really puzzling me is how or why windows installed to a ProgramData folder in the Appdata folder. ProgramData should be directly off the root drive C:\.

When you installed the Affinity apps, did it tell you where it was installing them? It should have had the default C:\Program Files. (They actually now install to ProgramData, an attempt to thwart virus and hack attempts). You did purchase them from Seriff/Affinity correct? I could see MS doing something like installing them under the Appdata folder.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Alright, at long last I seem to have fixed my issue with the Affinity Suite!

First, I understand what you're saying and I'm just not sure. I have no idea why anything was installed there. I have always used the default install path and my license files were indeed located in the C:\ProgramData\Affinity\[whichever program]\1.0 folder. It's very odd.

But, more importantly, I finally fixed it.
I uninstalled everything from Affinity. Then I searched all over my computer and found every possible Affinity related folder and deleted it. Then I installed CCleaner and removed any reference to Affinity.
Then I reinstalled everything and entered the license information. No problems with writing the license files this time. I have no idea what was blocking it before, it doesn't make much sense to me. All I know is now, at long last, it works!

Thanks for your time and inspiring me to have one last go at figuring out this long standing issue I was having.
Cheers!

You're very welcome. Happy to see you succeeded. 😀