You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text on a path fills the object "white" now.

6 hours ago, Frank Jonen said:

Take any curve and put text on it. Boom, curve is now filled white with no way to fix it manually.

Do you mean transparent (not white)?

and hasn't it always done this in Designer?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Same question a @carl123,

If I add text on path or objects, the fill is transparent and the only options are about text.

If I add text on path or objects with coloured fill, the fill become transparent and the only options are about text, it's become a text object in the layer panel.

The object should be duplicated to keep a version with the coloured fill.

The two objects need to be selected before modifications to keep the same shape.

19 hours ago, carl123 said:

Do you mean transparent (not white)?

and hasn't it always done this in Designer?

I mean white as in white. Opaque. When place the text, it fills the new copy with white. To keep the text intact I have to either place the object last in the layer stack or multiply it over. The previous behaviour was to remove the fill. The new behaviour is to set the fill to white.

3 hours ago, Frank Jonen said:

The new behaviour is to set the fill to white.

Ok, did you try resetting the default object style? It looks like the bug when people create new text frame and it's got a white background like the last object used from an APub document, and there's no way to modify a text frame background in AD.

• Staff
On 8/8/2021 at 12:58 AM, Frank Jonen said:

That's it. That's the bug.

Take any curve and put text on it. Boom, curve is now filled white with no way to fix it manually.

Only way to address it is by converting to curves and fix it then.

Hi Frank,

For me this is working as expected - see attached. As others have said it sounds like you may have your defaults saved with this style. Try doing Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset and see if that helps.