You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update 1.10.0 Screen Blanking Out

Hello.

I just updated to 1.10 on my Wacom Mobilestudio. Graphics drivers are up to date as is my OS. When working in AP the screen keeps blinking off and on randomly and frequently. It's definitely a graphics issue. At one point the screen blanked and then came back up with different (lower) resolution, then blanked immediately and came back with the correct resolution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• Staff

Hi @randymir,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble!
As I understand it, the Wacom MobileStudio can either have a computer connected to it, to be used as an external display/tablet, as well as having it's own internal hardware to be used independently of another device.

Can you please confirm for me, do you have another device connected to the MobileStudio currently, or are you using the built in hardware?

On 8/7/2021 at 1:14 AM, randymir said:

At one point the screen blanked and then came back up with different (lower) resolution, then blanked immediately and came back with the correct resolution.

I can confirm that Affinity has no control over your screen resolution and isn't able to cause the resolution to change. This would usually indicate a loose connection between the GPU and the monitor (either internally or externally).

Can you also please open Affinity, then navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here for me?

Many thanks in advance :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan.

Thanks for the response. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.

There's nothing connected to the Mobilestudio Pro. The change of resolution has only happened once. All the other times, which is frequently, the screen blanks out and comes back. I can't do anything with it. Attached is a video of what is happening. I have double checked updates, etc. All drivers appear to be up to date.

Here is a screen shot of my performance settings.

Thanks again.

Randy

AffinityPhoto.png

• Staff

No problem at all, many thanks for the recording provided!

I can confirm this occurs as the GPU in use is 'switching' mid stroke, please see the following link for how to force Affinity Photo to only use your Nvidia GPU -

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/force-app-to-use-dedicated-gpu-windows/#:~:text=GPU.-,Open the NVIDIA control,select your GPU.,-Parting

Once set, you should find this no longer occurs :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know Randy, I'm glad to hear this has made a difference!

I can also recommend trying with OpenCL Hardware Acceleration disabled. Please untick this option at the bottom of the Performance dialog, then restart your app and try using your tablet once again.

Does this remove the 'flashing' once and for all please? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!