You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI elements disappearing on hover (Publisher 1.9, 1.10.0)

I noticed this after upgrading to Publisher 1.9, but the problem is also present with the most recently released 1.10. When hovering over UI elements, sometimes they disappear until I hover back over them a few times. For example, here's a quick recording of the menu bar. You can see two of them have disappeared, but hovering over them will bring them back to being visible:
Animation.gif.89573c87825c4ca6596fda945e474f03.gif

This also happens with other parts of the UI, but this is a quick and easy example to demonstrate. I did try reinstalling, but the problem persisted. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, and I use an Nvidia 1070 graphics card. AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core CPU, with 32GB of RAM. Thanks for your help and insight.

Edited by Spellbind

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Please review the list of third-party software that is known to cause problems:

In particular, a number of users have recently reported issues with the Nahimic software (MSI Nahimic in that list) so I would start by looking for that on your system.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your help! It was connected to Nahimic - I have an Asus motherboard and was using the Sonic Radar and Sonic Studio software. I never found it particularly useful, so uninstalling it wasn't a hard decision to make. This resolved all my UI issues. The Nahimic service itself doesn't seem very easy to fully remove sadly - it's a sad state when your motherboard seems to force this kind of software on you.

For anyone else that finds themselves in the same situation as me, and wants to keep the Nahimic software around for one reason or other - you can also search for a file called BlackApps.dat within C:\ProgramData\A-Volute\*\Modules\ScheduledModules\Configurator. I added Publisher.exe to the list, and it stopped injecting into the process and causing the UI issues. I'm still trying to find a decent balance between having the latest Realtek drivers from Asus and avoiding all the Nahimic stuff that comes with that.

Edited by Spellbind

• 4 months later...
On 8/12/2021 at 4:06 PM, Spellbind said:

For anyone else that finds themselves in the same situation as me, and wants to keep the Nahimic software around for one reason or other - you can also search for a file called BlackApps.dat within C:\ProgramData\A-Volute\*\Modules\ScheduledModules\Configurator. I added Publisher.exe to the list, and it stopped injecting into the process and causing the UI issues. I'm still trying to find a decent balance between having the latest Realtek drivers from Asus and avoiding all the Nahimic stuff that comes with that.

Dell Alienware is running this stuff and adding the names of the executables in \ProgramData\A-Volute\DellInc.AlienwareSoundCenter\Modules\ScheduledModules\Configurator\BlackApps.dat works like a charm for me.