You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

photo crashes duplicating brushes drawings

Hi, installed affinity 1.10.1 and started editing a photo. added 5 points with a white brush in a new level, to simulate 5 led spots. grouped and rasterized: program crashed.

happened 3 times consecutively, then had to switch back to previous version.

Hi @resunoiz,

Not much info to go on. I'm not able to replicate this, following your directions.

14 hours ago, resunoiz said:

started editing a photo

What type of photo, jpg, RAW, PNG, TIFF?

added 5 points with a white brush in a new level

What brush were you using? It can make a difference.

grouped and rasterized

Grouped just the new layer with white spots, or grouped it with your background layer, then rasterized?

The common, seemingly routine now, thing to check is if Hardware Acceleration/OpenCL Compute is enabled. This is found in the Affinity Preferences>Performance.

Is the problem just with one photo, or any random photo?

Where is the file stored/located while working on it? On a local drive, network, or cloud? Serif recommends that documents be on a local harddrive while working on them. Affinity does not load the entire file into RAM, this is to help with performance.

Are you using a tablet? IF so what one?

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

thank @Ron P. for your interest.

Not much info to go on. I'm not able to replicate this, following your directions.

sorry!

What type of photo, jpg, RAW, PNG, TIFF?

jpeg image, 1800x1600px

What brush were you using? It can make a difference.

basic brushes, 128 px.

image.png.67c5662405e5eff9aa5a720a08bfd299.png

Grouped just the new layer with white spots, or grouped it with your background layer, then rasterized?

made 55 "spots", grouped them 5, rasterized them in a new level without background in order to duplicate them as groups of 5 spots at same distance.

Sorry I can't replicate it in videp...because when I try to move the second group, program crashes.

Is a operation I've made thousand times in AF with previous version: use it to recreate/make more visible "spot light" on outdoor scenarios. Like this (the one I made with affinity uninstalling 1.10 and installing previous version) 

image.png.4461f7e55ecca2917c41bffb88f8abad.png

The common, seemingly routine now, thing to check is if Hardware Acceleration/OpenCL Compute is enabled. This is found in the Affinity Preferences>Performance.

Is the problem just with one photo, or any random photo?

HA is on, as usual, in all affinity previous versions.

made it on another pic, same issue.

Where is the file stored/located while working on it? On a local drive, network, or cloud? Serif recommends that documents be on a local harddrive while working on them. Affinity does not load the entire file into RAM, this is to help with performance.

local hard drive, SSD. Make this work 5+ times a week from 3 years from now.

Are you using a tablet? IF so what one?

desktop, win 10.