You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

From Rawtherapee to Affinity

I use Rawtherapee as a kind of index and would like to "Open file in Affinity". I've searched some threads from 2019, but what they write there doesn't work at all. It will only open in "Windows viewer". I do make the line in preferenses in Rawtherapee, but as i said it doesn't work.

ANY IDEAS???

What do you mean by "a kind of index"?

Do you want to send the photos you develop (raw or not) in RawTherapee to Affinity for further adjustments?

If so, in RawTherapee:

Click on Preferences (square button, bottom left, with three sliders on it)

Under General > External Editor > Custom command line, put in the path to Affinity Photo on your computer (on my windows 10, this is C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Photo.exe but it could be different in your case). This line is telling RawTherapee that you want to use Affinity as your external editor.

Click OK

Now, when you're developing a photo in RawTherapee and you want to send it to Affinity, you just click on the button that looks like a painting palette with a brush. It's located under the main editing Window. RawTherapee will then send the image to Affinity.

By the way, this is more so a question for the RawTherapee forum than it is for the Affinity forum, but I happen to use RT myself; if I'm interpreting correctly what you wish to do, this should work. If it doesn't, you'll get more targeted answers at the RT forum.