You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error Exporting Publisher to PDF in 1.10.0

I was over the moon to get the email from Affinity yesterday telling me about the latest 1.10 updates.
As quick as a shot I downloaded the 3 latest versions.
My experience with Publisher had already been marred by the way it would slow down and freeze when dealing with larger documents.

Last night I only looked at the speed of scrolling etc, and was impressed with the increased performance.
That combined with the Editorial telling me that Publisher could now handle documents with "Thousands" of pages and "Gigs" of images, sent me to bed in a very good mood.

But, this morning when I tested the speed of exporting to PDF, I got the error message shown below.

I have also shown the 2 X pages of export settings that I am using.
Can anyone advise me of what the problem might be ?

Export Setting - 2.JPG

Error.JPG

Export Setting - 1.JPG

25 minutes ago, SidM8 said:

Can anyone advise me of what the problem might be ?

Corrupted font or image or else? Hard to judge without the complete package. It is always a bad sign, when the Affinities are not able or take very long to estimate the file size.

You can bug hunt yourself by splitting the document and exporting. Still error, split again until you found the bad page / element. Maybe enabling pdfLib log (manual you can find somewhere in the FAQ forum) could help too or upload your project here.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

59 minutes ago, Jon P said:

There's an issue in 1.10 where hyperlinks to web pages that are invalid can cause errors when exporting

Thanks Jon P.

By that I take it you mean the construction of the URL, and not an invalid destination page.

I will see if I can check this.
I have not had to do this before.
Can you say here if there is a dedicated dialogue box for checking that URL's are following the correct URL construction rules?

Certainly on the Pre Flight there are a huge number of "Alleged" spelling mistakes, and a number of errors relating to some images.

Some of my images are not the best quality, so I just click ignore on the Pre Flight.
Same applies to the many unrecognised spellings.

Would that be causing the problems today, that were not problems with the previous version of Publisher ?

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

Maybe enabling pdfLib log (manual you can find somewhere in the FAQ forum)

Thank you Joachim_L.

I have never heard of this.

pdfLib log ?

Can you give me more info ?
Exactly what does it do ?

Many thanks !

• Staff

Sorry for the problem you are experiencing with 1.10.0

There is a new Affinity Publisher 1.10.1 beta for Windows that addresses this problem with hyperlinks, which you can use if you want to (as well/instead)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon