You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.10.0 doesn't open MacOS

• Staff

Hi @Raymondo,

I've split your post from this thread as you are using MacOS and that poster of that thread is on Windows.

At what point do you get the crash? Do you see the loading screen and it crashes just after loading Fonts?

Also could you see this post and see if there are any crash reports in the Console and post them here.

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Here is the report you have asked for.

Thank you :) It would appear to be font related.

Does this happen as soon as you open the app?  Do you get a message about opening a recovering file?  

If this happens when you open a file, could you attach that file here

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

As I previously said I only get as far as the publisher icon bouncing in the dock. I don’t get any further as the message then pops up preventing the software from loading any further. 

Did you purchase Affinity direct from us or from the Mac App Store?

We might be able to fix this by resetting the app but if we could get a backup of the settings that are loading on startup, that would be a great help.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Raymondo said:

Because it doesn’t get any further then what I’ve said I can’t give you any further information I’m afraid

Thats fine, could you browse to this folder:
~/Library/Application Support

In here should be an Affinity folder, if you could right click on that and select Compress option and upload the compressed/zip file to here that would be a big help.

20 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Sadly there is no affinity folder located in the application support folder

Are you looking in the User's Library folder? Not the one in the root directory along with the Application and System and Users

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Well, a "~" is an alias/placeholder for the logged-in user's home directory, thus a "cd ~/Library/Application Support" should jump you to ...

--> "/Users/username/Library/Application Support"

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

With respect I think you’re going off piste abit here. If stokerg wanted me to look in  the user folder I’m sure he would have been specific about that. I’m not sure V_kyr but  you appear to be using rather an old mac os system now, I’m right up to date with os Big Sur which, and I could be wrong here, is set out a little different.

11 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

With respect I think you’re going off piste abit here. If stokerg wanted me to look in  the user folder I’m sure he would have been specific about that. I’m not sure V_kyr but  you appear to be using rather an old mac os system now, I’m right up to date with os Big Sur which, and I could be wrong here, is set out a little different.

That's how a common Unix shell would behave and I would wonder if MacOS Big Sur would behave differently here. - As said in virtually all modern Unix shells, ~ is a shorthand for your home directory. On OS X, this expands to /Users/accountname, in most Linuxes it will be /home/accountname.

However, you can always tryout in MacOS BigSur's "Terminal.app" and see how it behaves there for a ...

> cd ~/Library/"Application Support"

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Sample under OSX El Capitan ...

tilde-shell.jpg.d256e78e46a5198e2ecaf3ef830221a8.jpg

Since my APhoto & ADesigner apps are from MAS, their location are due to sandboxing elsewhere, but for AffinityStore apps they should be probably there instead (as far as the location storage hasn't changed by Affinity in the meantime), as can be seen by an from Affinity's website installed "Affinity Publisher Beta".

The tile of the post is a bit misleading to the location data within it but the post above contains all the locations for each version of Affinity apps on both Mac and Windows.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 hours ago, Raymondo said:

If stokerg wanted me to look in  the user folder I’m sure he would have been specific about that.

He was. ~/Library/Application Support is the path name to a specific folder. You can open it in Finder via the Go > Go to Folder menu item & either typing the whole path name including the tilde & first slash or just copying it from this topic & pasting it into the field that appears in the go to folder window.

This is a different folder from Library/Application Support (the one without the tilde & slash) that you were looking in.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
On 8/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, Raymondo said:

Stokerg, now sending you the zip file requested

Thank you :)

Can you now try starting Affinity with the Control key held down and you'll get a popup asking if you'd like to reset some settings and 3 options will be selected and you caan just click on clear and hopefully Affinity will start then but if not, please do report back.