You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all!

I'm dealing with the bleed functionality in this new beta, and don't know how to use it properly. In order to easily explain myself, here are two docs: first of them shows what I'm trying to accomplish: 3mm bleeding and crop marks. The second is the result in AD beta: only crop marks, no matter the bleed I set in the document configuration. I think AD correctly applies a bleed, but as I am unable to enlarge the image to fit that bleed, it remains white, so it's not useful.

Any help?

By the way, many thanks for your work! Your apps evolve really fast.

Val

tarxeta impec print.pdf

tarxeta impec aff.pdf

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I am aware of this; in fact, I don't care about previewing the bleed. My trouble is that I don't know how to increase the size of the image to fit the bleed applied; currently, my design fits to the artboard, but I need it to grow 3mm beyond it, leaving the crop marks 'behind' to indicate the original size. ¿Any way of doing this?

Thanks again!

Val

Are you using File > Export to produce the PDF? If so, be aware that it is using the wrong colour profile and/or crashing, so it is best avoided in this beta. It also sets the bleed wrong in the page, but it does clip to bleed and draw crop marks in the right places.

In this case it is drawing and clipping as if the bleed was zero. Is it possible you unticked Bleed in File > Export > PDF > More? If not, and if you're sure you've set Document Setup > Bleed correctly, could you attach the .afdesign file, so I can have a look at that's happening?

Thanks for the file. There are two things happening here. The first is our bug. The bottom group with the big grey circle has opacity of 75%, which causes it to get rasterised - and it gets clipped to the document size in the process. It needs to allow for bleed when that happens. We'll get that fixed for the next beta.

The other thing is that this group contains a clipping curve of its own. The top of it is high enough to include the top of the grey circle, but it clips out the left and bottom edges well before the 3mm bleed area should end. This means that even with bleed working, the document won't export like "tarxeta impect print.pdf" unless you remove that clipping curve.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.