You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer for Windows - 1.10.0 slow to offer update and version confusion (split)

11 minutes ago, NBG said:

AD + AP doesn't shop me an update notify during startup

Where did you purchase your applications? If from the Microsoft Store they (Microsoft) may have a phased rollout to different repositories around the world.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

18 minutes ago, NBG said:

Very confusing!

AD + AP doesn't shop me an update notify during startup.

AND: I really don't understand WHY the new version now is 1.10 and not something like 1.9.3

For the versioning, they probably use "semantic versioning" (https://semver.org/). There are new features, so they did bump the second number (Y).

A V2 of the software would mean they changed the feature set and file compatibility may not be assured.

9 minutes ago, programaths said:

For the versioning, they probably use "semantic versioning" (https://semver.org/). There are new features, so they did bump the second number (Y).

A V2 of the software would mean they changed the feature set and file compatibility may not be assured.

Ok but then they should not "spam" me with an update that's not available for my (bought on their homepage) products 🙂

5 minutes ago, applecrosslady said:

I purchased  Affinity Publisher, Design and Photo  directly from Affinity and there isn't any notifications appearing when I open any of those programs.

Same here, no prompt to update when starting any of the Photo/Publisher/Designer software, can access the download sections from my account but with purchasing from Affinity, why does it not prompt to update like it used to do ??????

24 minutes ago, Xyenia said:

Top right, click on "Your Account" icon and select "Order History"

Then select "View Order". You will see a download button for version 1.10.

I dont want version 1.10 .-) I want something >1.9.2

1 hour ago, Mick Knight said:

Same here, no prompt to update when starting any of the Photo/Publisher/Designer software, can access the download sections from my account but with purchasing from Affinity, why does it not prompt to update like it used to do ??????

I've had the full suite since first launch and had all previous update notifications but today I had the same problem with all my Affinity programs as above. The solution for me was to re-register one of the progs, then the prompts for new versions started again.

28 minutes ago, NBG said:

It's not TEN, it's 1.1.0

We are pleased to announce an update for the Windows release of Affinity Designer, version 1.10.0

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

2 minutes ago, NBG said:

It's very unusal to release a 1.10 after a 1.9

I am currently running OS 10.14.6

It is not unheard of. The dots are not decimal points, they are separators.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 minutes ago, NBG said:

It's very unusal to release a 1.10 after a 1.9

The next release should be a 2.0

What makes you think it's a simple decimal number?

And, as @Old Bruce just beat me to pointing out, consider macOS releases:
image.png.f9d4368d6e5890726cc2f32dd4e10208.png

We really have no idea when 2.0 might be coming.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

5 minutes ago, Michael S Harvey said:

Well, we do not know what number base they are using. For all we know it could be sexagesimal, or at least base 16.

I don't think that's right. If it were base 16, for example, the numbering would have gone 0, 1, 2, ..., 9, A rather than 0, 1, 2, ..., 10. Once you hit "10" you know your number base:

• 0 , 1, 10: base 2
  • 0, 1, 2, 10: base 3
  • 0, ..., 7, 10: base 8
  • etc.

-- Walt
PC:

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't think that's right. If it were base 16, for example, the numbering would have gone 0, 1, 2, ..., 9, A rather than 0, 1, 2, ..., 10. Once you hit "10" you know your number base:

• 0 , 1, 10: base 2
  • 0, 1, 2, 10: base 3
  • 0, ..., 7, 10: base 8
  • etc.

Yes, I thought of that. They could be using Decimally coded Hexadecimal. After all, have you never heard of Binary coded Decimal?

22 minutes ago, Michael S Harvey said:

After all, have you never heard of Binary coded Decimal?

No.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.