You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.10.0.1127 - 'Save failed due to internal error'

Hi there,

I've twice now gotten a persistent 'save failed' error and had to revert to the last time I saved. I believe both times it happened after translating picture frames containing images.

Let me know what else you need to know!

Thanks

Hi Jon,

It happens whenever I move a picture frame with an image loaded into it - doesn't seem to happen if the picture frames are empty. From what I've seen it happens more often if I move them via the keyboard arrow keys. I've not checked other documents, but it's happened dozens of times with this one. I don't know if it's relevant, but I've been working on this document for around 5 months so it was created in a much older version of Publisher.

Resizing picture frames is fine, as seems to be movign the image within the frame.

I'm getting the same error when trying to save changes to different documents since updating to 1.10 yesterday. The documents have nothing in common (for different clients) and the changes made are basic (e.g. text edits or moved text objects). Looks like I'll have to uninstall and revert to 1.9.

Using Windows 7. Screenshot below...

Capture.PNG.c85fcce6838a40fcbff23e9cefb9e50f.PNG

• Staff

Thanks, do you mind uploading some of the files you have these issues with (obviously from the last chance you got to save them) here and I'll try reproduce it with those files, I'm not having much luck trying to reproduce it from scratch when doing some of the actions described above.

Are you saving the file to a local drive?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

6 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Thanks, do you mind uploading some of the files

Checking if the colour space and ICC profiles correspond could be a good idea. This helped in this thread:

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

52 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Thanks, do you mind uploading some of the files you have these issues with (obviously from the last chance you got to save them) here and I'll try reproduce it with those files, I'm not having much luck trying to reproduce it from scratch when doing some of the actions described above.

Are you saving the file to a local drive?

All my files are saved to a local drive. It's quite full but still has 39GB free.

Not sure if this is relevant but... when trying to save files failed I tried Save As (as suggested in some of the error messages) but all I got was the same error plus new empty files (0 bytes) created with the new names given.

This problem has appeared with several completely unrelated publisher files so I don't think it's specific to the files I'm working on. However, I've uploaded one of the files using the link you posted.

Like Louisk, all my files were created some time ago with earlier versions of Publisher.

36 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Does the problem go away if you reboot the computer and retry ?

This could help indeed. I have a similar problem where I also suspect, that it is caused by some open DLLs: When my Desktop PC has been running for a while (days), Publisher crashes when I try to open a file. After reboot everything works fine. Maybe a command to dump the paths of open DLLs into a file (and also creating this list when crashing) could help to diagnose the problem. BTW, in my case the problem is not specific to one version of Publisher. I see this since at least 1.8.2

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

Does the problem go away if you reboot the computer and retry ?

My PC would have been on for about an hour when the first save error appeared. The second time would have been after the computer was restarted a few hours later.

I've had to uninstall 1.10 and reinstall 1.9.2 now as I can't take the risk of losing any more work.

• Staff

Sorry for the problem you are experiencing with 1.10.0

There is a new Affinity Publisher 1.10.1 beta for Windows that addresses this problem with picture frames, which you can use if you want to (as well/instead)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.