You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The files are not saving with the new update 1.10.0

The files are not saving with the new update 1.10. I try a couple files and any of them were saving. The application is really fast I'm really happy about that but the files are not saving. I have a Macbook pro 15 2012 MacOS Catalina. Please help!!!! I do all my work with this programs. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 3.28.29 PM.png

• Staff

Hi Priskreative,

Is it just two files that is struggling to save for you? Or does it affect any others? Is it possible you could attach the file you're getting this with, and if you can also get a screen recording from App Open to save failure to show the steps you taking that would also be very helpful. Also where is the file stored on your Mac? Is it on an internal drive in a regular folder, or is it contained in a folder that is synced (i.e Dropbox or Google Drive). Also are you using the app from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store?

I've also been using Catalina but have not experienced this with any of my files.

Hi Sean, I try 5 so far and they are not saving. I have an iCloud and I know sometimes the files upload to the iCloud and I have trouble saving it. So I put the files on my Desktop that I don't have on iCloud but is not working. I did the update of the app first but I have that problem so I deleted the app and I went to Affinity website and I download the 1.10 and I install it again. I attached the screen recorded and the one of the files. Thanks for your help!! It doesn't let me upload the file. What I do is copy and paste a artboard and save

Hi Sean, I have been doing some text and any of my old files created in the other versions are saving. I have downgraded to a couple of the older versions and still not saving and I have tons of Designer files that I need to use. But if I create a new file from scratch everything is working fine. Thanks for your help! 

• Staff
4 hours ago, Priskreative said:

Hi Sean, I have been doing some text and any of my old files created in the other versions are saving. I have downgraded to a couple of the older versions and still not saving and I have tons of Designer files that I need to use. But if I create a new file from scratch everything is working fine. Thanks for your help! 

I've created a Dropbox link to upload to our internal dropbox account below. Could you upload the two files shown in the video/screenshots above and any additional ones that are not saving for you please? Hopefully this will upload for you so we can take a look and try to reproduce the issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/BBPh84JjzivxzN6ZzaUY

• Staff

Thank you for that! 

I've tried on my machine and your files are being saved without a problem.

Would you be able to try clearing your user preferences for the time being please and see if that helps.

I assume you're using the Affinity Store version rather than the Mac App Store version?

If so then first please close the application and then go to the following location:

\Users\username\Library\Application Support\

Inside here you should find a folder called 'Affinity Designer' if you can rename that to 'Affinity Designer Old'. Once that has done run up the app and try to open your file and then try to see if it saves.

Its worth noting that renaming that folder will clear all your premade assets, styles, brushes etc, however these are backed up into the Old folder so please don't delete this straight away. If this does work then it would be great if you could zip up and attached your 'Affinity Designer Old' folder to the link above.

Thanks

My files are not saving either.  At first I thought that it was only when I was switching back and forth from the photo and illustrator versions in publisher but it's still not saving files. It has done this many times to me since updating. I wish I hadn't updated. :( I am using the Windows version. I bought my copy directly from the Affinity website. 

affinity-designer-not-saving.png

Edited by ILUV2DRAW
Adding more information

• Staff
14 hours ago, Priskreative said:

Hi Sean, hope you having a good day. Any updates with the problem?

Hi Priskreative,

Unfortunately I don't - I've been trying multiple times and every time is saving fine for me on both my Catalina 2013 iMac and my Big Sur 2013 Macbook Pro. See attached video. The only thing I can suggest is to try rolling back to 1.9.3 (I believe you've purchased from the Affinity Store, so it should be possible) in the meantime and try that

7 hours ago, ILUV2DRAW said:

This is something I tried, if you are desperate enough.

First, I saved all of my brush files, styles, and resources in a folder by exporting them to make sure I didn't lose them. Then I tried to copy what they said about the User> Affinity Designer instructions and I changed the Affinity Folder name in the Programs folder to "Affinity-Old". I have windows, so I have no idea if that did anything. Then I opened the update file to the 1.10.1 version and I chose to uninstall all of the programs  (Photo, Publisher, and Illustrator). I reinstalled the prior version that I had the 1.9.2 version. Afterward, everything saved the correct way. Thankfully, my brushes and stuff didn't disappear. Now that the old version is installed, Publisher keeps reminding me to update to the new version that's out, but nope. I'll stick to the old version until the "save bug" is fixed. For the people who don't want to lose their files that won't save for now, (something that worked for me) was to group everything on the page and save it as a resource so that I could drag it out to the page later. I hope this helps. :)

Hi ILUV2DRAW,

The issue you're seeing is completely different to the one Priskreative is having. You are also using Affinity Publisher, not Affinity Designer - if you look at the Publisher bugs forums you will see that many users are also having the same issue as you for example (which does seem to be a Publisher only issue!)

We have identified the cause and pushed a fix out in the latest beta for it.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, kwaku said:

Opening and Saving PSD files to Affinity Designer is also extremely slow and makes the application unresponsive with 1.10. update

Using iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)  BigSur 11.2

Hi @Sean P I will appreciate it if this is resolved. Since I updated to 1.10. opening most PSD files makes Affinity Designer unresponsive and it crashes.

Hi Sean, is really frustrating because I use Affinity Designer and Publisher and that were I do all my products and promos. I have download it the 1.9.3 and the 1.9.2 and the same happen. It doesn't save.  What I notice is the saving dialog box is on the middle and your is on top. I attached other picture using Affinity 1.9.2 on desktop that is not on iCloud. I delete the other app and everything on the Application Support folder. Please any help is really appreciate it. Thank you!!  I'm using the 24 iMac with big sur 11.5.2.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 8.16.32 PM.png