You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.10.0 Crashes.

Same here.

I've been experiencing a lot of crashes as well with the updated 1.10
As for @Imageering, in several occasions Photo closes unexpectedly.
I also tried resetting the prefs to no avail.

Dump files, and reports attached. 

reports.zip attachments.zip

Piero Desopo

Direction, Design <http://phoenixart.com>

Photography <http://www.pierodesopo.com>

So far I have no crashes with HW acceleration enabled. But, interestingly, each session of work in the program generates new DMP files in "...\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports\". We'll see what happens next. While Affinity Photo is great overall, the hardware acceleration is still going hard....

I've updated to the new version and now Photo will not load (Designer and Publisher - also updated seem to be OK) I am running  Windows 10 . The loading splash screen appears stating it's loading fonts - then disappears and nothing further happens.

Update - and apologies.. photo loaded fine this morning - it might have been something as simple as a reboot! 

Edited by 9lanmick

I'm having the same problem. All previous versions of Photo, Designer, and Publisher have installed and run without problems. This version of Photo and Designer shows the Splash Screen with the message "Loading Fonts" but then closes and disappears. Publisher seems to open all right, but I haven't tried using it yet to see if other problems occur. Will wait to see if a fix is on the way. If not will have to uninstall Photo and Designer and go back to previous version(s).

High at all. Please post the hardware and the Windows version you use. In some most cases outdated drivers can cause this problem. And be sure, to have Windows up-to-date.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Me too, the splash screen disappears after 1 second and the program does not load. I have Photo and Publisher, it's the same in both cases.

I've tried turn off all my firewalls, run as administrator, run with integrated graphic, run with dedicated graphic, restart computer... all without success. Previous versions run without problem. Instalation of 1.10 od Affinity Photo took very long time, around 10 minutes! Instalation of Publisher was quick  as usual.

I have i5-2430M, 12,0 GB RAM, GT525M, Windows 10 Pro (21H1) build 19043.1110

edit: I've downloaded instalation files again and then repair app without any impact... Also clearing cache (after start with CTRL) had not impact.

edit2: Both of the apps run in the Windows Safe mode.

edit3:

I found that if I block the dedicated graphic card in windows Device Manager, then launch of all Affinity 1.10 apps is without problem. Its strange, becouse I wasn´t successful with opening the apps in "Integrated card mode" (without hard block in device manager ) before. It looks like Affinity applications are bothered by the presence of a dedicated graphics card even if they don't use it directly. This is definitely the bug.

Hi,

it's similar on my PC. I have Photo, Designer and Publisher. Designer and Publisher are running in the new version. But Photo doesn't: The splash screen disappears after 1 second and the program does not load.

My System is up to date: Windows 64bit Home Version 20H2, Intel i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, no graphic card.

Best Regards

Matthias

13f1f814-94eb-4361-8dd5-fd13f68e0d99.dmp

I have updated to the latest version (1.10) from 1.9 and it does start, then promptly crashes and disappears from my screen without a trace. I am running windows :

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎11/‎6/‎2020
OS build    19043.1110
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

with all the latest updates installed and have 32 MB memory.

3 hours ago, Vad1 said:

I have updated to the latest version (1.10) from 1.9 and it does start, then promptly crashes and disappears from my screen without a trace. I am running windows :

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎11/‎6/‎2020
OS build    19043.1110
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

with all the latest updates installed and have 32 MB memory.

Hello @Vad1 and welcome to the forums. It can be possible, that the latest Windows update can solve your problem. And if any Affinity Program crash, there should be a crash report.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• Staff

can you try launching the application whilst holding down the control key. You should get a dialog allowing to reset certain settings. Select the reset account data option and then the 'Clear' button. Hopefully the app should then start

Hi Pauls, thank you for your help! But I installed the old version 1.92 of all three desktop-apps. I'm waiting until Affinity will repair its problem and inform me, that it is existing a version without this bug. Finally the problem is not on my PC, but in the Affinity-Software!

Everyone can load and install the older versions here:

https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/windows/publisher/1/

https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/windows/designer/1/

https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/windows/photo/1/

Just now, Bamboli said:

Everyone can load and install the older versions here:

Only those users who purchased directly from Serif (not from Microsoft) can use those.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I purchased Affinity Photo August 7 2021. I have not been able to complete an edit of even one photo at this point with out the program crashing. I also had a previous version on a "Free Trial" basis and it did the same thing. I contacted Serif and they told me to reinstall. I did that but it did not fix the problem. It was not what I expected from this company and none of the reviews or articles I read prior to purchasing this software mentioned any problems. I'm at a loss as what to do??? 

I had a similar problem which is now resolved but I'm not sure why. Windows 10 Pro V21H1 with all current updates at time of writing.

• Started with Designer, Photo and Publisher V1.9.2 all installed and working.
  • Downloaded and installed V1.10 for all apps.
  • After updating, Designer and Publisher would launch. However Photo would show the splash screen for a second or two and then crash as described in other posts.
  • Tried a repair of Photo but did not fix the problem.
  • Uninstalled Photo and reinstalled V1.9.2. This worked OK as before.
  • Downloaded Photo V1.10 again and updated.
  • This time it launched OK and worked perfectly.

So I did encounter a the same problem as others here. but after the above steps I now have all three apps working at V1.10.

Not much help but other may get be able Photo working with the same approach.

Mike.

Updated to 1.10, mostly seeing consistent crashes in Photo above all. Every time I make too many changes with layer adjustments. Running on Win 10, new gaming laptop with RTX 3060 all drivers up to date. 

• Windows 11
  • Hardware Acceleration: On
  • MSI GF75 Thin 10UEK-048 Gaming Laptop - 17.3" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6 - 64 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Memory - 512 GB NVMe SSD + 2 TB WD Blue SSD
  • Dual Display: XPPen Artist 22E Pro 21.5 inch 1080p

David Hyatt
ATSOTC Magazine Editor

@William Pickering Hi, if you purchased the software directly at Affinity/Serif, you can download the older version 1.9.2. If not, write to Affinity! Here is the link to the downloads:

https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/windows/photo/1/

First reinstall the new version 1.10. Then install the old version 1.9.2. and everything had to be fine.

Best Regards

Matthias

Not sure if this really fixed it but seems to be working now after installing the new Windows 10 21H11 update, after which Affinity Photo Crashed on start but since then it's been stable.

• Windows 11
  • Hardware Acceleration: On
  • MSI GF75 Thin 10UEK-048 Gaming Laptop - 17.3" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6 - 64 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Memory - 512 GB NVMe SSD + 2 TB WD Blue SSD
  • Dual Display: XPPen Artist 22E Pro 21.5 inch 1080p

David Hyatt
ATSOTC Magazine Editor

I tried the suggested fixes and none worked so I've taken the rather drastic approach and uninstalled v1.10 and reinstalled v1.9.2 so at least I have a working version and can finish editing my Photos for a client. I'll worry about updating at a later date.