You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Maximum/minimum blur preview fix needed

The previews for both Minumum and Maximum Blur do not show the correct result after you hit apply. Minimum Blur goes significantly darker after applying and Maximum Blur goes much lighter (producing a halo the more blur is applied.) See xamples attached.

Maximum blur after apply.JPG

Maximum blur before apply.JPG

Minumum Blur after apply.JPG

Minumum Blur before apply.JPG

What is your Zoom level? If you're viewing at less than 100% zoom when you press Apply you won't preview the actual result due to the mipmap rendering technology that the Affinity applications use.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The Zoom level is 100% - fully zoomed out. I think the problem is more pronounced when 'circular' is checked. It also seems to depend on the content. Experimenting with other photographs I find that the preview/apply difference is less pronounced in some images.

56 minutes ago, RevTim said:

The Zoom level is 100% - fully zoomed out.

"Fully zoomed out" is not 100%, usually. What does the Navigation panel say the zoom level is? 

Or, try Ctrl+1 (Windows) or Cmd+1 (Mac) to set the zoom to 100%.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Ooooooh, doh! This is why I don't earn the smart money ☺.

Yeah, once I've got the navigation set to 100% it previews fine. Shame it doesn't preview accurately when viewing the whole image, though.

Thanks.

Tim

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
PC: