You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Which color profile to use?

I am designing using the CMYK/8 color format. Once I select this format, I am presented with a host of color profile options. See attached image.

I really don't understand the difference among all these color profiles, and a web search has not helped. Can anyone point me to a source that explains them?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend the appropriate color profile for me? I am designing vector artwork to print as small posters (up to 16x20 inches in size) with a matte finish on 100% cotton paper. Thx.

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 18.53.08.png

Hi @pomme27,

Ask the printer about the profile needed for the files. It'll depend on the quality of the paper and of the printer used.

Also, you can use the Generic CMYK profile (ot sure if it's the same as the one there use to be in QXD), and Assign a different profile later.

Hi Wosven. In this. instance, the "printer" is RedBubble. You probably know that they use a network of printers around the world. I did ask RedBubble, but they said they don't offer advice on color profiles. Argh. So I will go with your recommendation and use Generic CMYK.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I appreciate it.