You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slices exported to JPEG or PNG are low quality & pixelated

Hey team!

I have a Carousel Artwork i have broken into 8 slices for export. The entire artwork is 1080x8640px (8 x 1080x1080px images).

Every time i export in either .png or .jpeg, the images show blurry/pixelated. I have even tried to export with Jpeg (best Quality) 100 - to get the highest quality to export although it still comes out pixelated. 

All i need is to export these slices HQ so they have a crisp finish. These are hard to read when uploaded to Instagram. 

Hoping to get some tips! 

JPEG export .JPG

export settings - Jpeg.JPG

PNG export.JPG

slices - entire work.JPG

Hi @Beck,

Are you sure you have set the width of the slices in the export panel by opening them all and put 1080w and Enter in the slice size field of each slice?

About posting on Instagram (and other social media), the images should never be optimized, because they take care of that!

https://foodphotographyguides.com/sharp-images-instagram/

Regards,

David 

Hey guys! Thanks for your input :)

I did a little more playing around and just double the pixel size of the artboard and now it is exporting nice and crisp! 

For some reason, keeping the artboard at 1080px8640px (exporting 6 x 1080x1080px slices) wasnt enough to keep it clera when uploaded to insta. I increased the entire artboard to 2160x17280px, broken it up in slices of 2160x2160px and now it looks great. 

They dont look blurry or pixelated once uploaded to instagram :)

thanks!