You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Screen corruption in Affinity Photo since beta was installed

Hi,

I'm running on the latest Windows 10 with 64GB ram and nVidia GTX 1080 card (latest studio drivers - 471.41) and encountered some weird UI glitches in Affinity Photo, see this video

They started since I installed the 1.10 beta, but oddly it affected the 1.9.2 installation as well.

Uninstalling the 1.10 beta didn't help, the 1.9.2 kept exhibiting the same problems. Resetting the user settings back to factory settings for 1.9.2 didn't help either. Uninstalling and reinstalling 1.9.2 didn't solve the problem either. Uninstalling and re-installing the nVidia drivers didn't solve it either.

No other application I have experienced such screen corruption and artifacts. And I use Blender & DaVinci Resolve which heavily utilize the video card. Trying to disable graphics acceleration and OpenCL in Affinity Photo didn't solve it either.

I should note that Affinity Designer/Publisher (for whom I didn't install the beta) are working just fine.

It strikes me that the beta has installed some shared resource (one that survived past uninstallation) that broke both installations in some persistent manner. I'd appreciate any suggestions and ideas as to how to solve this, as these glitches make it impossible to use the software.

Thanks,

Tzvi

Hello @-TR-, welcome to the forums.

Can you check, If there is one of the listet third-party programmes installed?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Hi @-TR- Welcome to the Affinity forums!

I would suggest the following:

1. Check the 3rd party software list shared by @Komatös 

Then if its still an issue:

2. It might be worth adding another User profile to your windows 10 machine and try installing 1.9.2 on there too to see if the problem still persists.

Hi,

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I started by following the items on the list. I have Capture One installed (although no crashes were occurring, I've removed the Explorer integration) though nothing had changed.

Then looked at the nVidia "Optimize for Compute", but I didn't see that option is my list.

Finally I reached the Sonic section. I noticed that I have both "Sonic Studio" and "Sonic Radar" installed, although I don't recall ever installing them. Probably came as part of some driver update installation (as I do have an Asus motherboard). I have uninstalled both and voilla! Problem resolved.

Thank you so much! I couldn't have done it without you!

Thanks,

--TR

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.