You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

You're welcome  ^_^ It took me some time to get used to it in the beginning too and i know a few users have reported the same as you, but overall i believe most people get used after using the app for a while. Try it for a few more weeks and let us know how it goes and if it still gives you trouble.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/27/2019 at 6:56 AM, Catshill said:

Can’t you simply lock the layer or am I missing something?

Nothing to do with locking, it is the movement of the document. You can lock and it will still drift or move with the slightest accidental move of the mouse. I often do tutorials and I end up apologising as the image suddenly drifts off the screen during the tutorial. It is a useful feature but it is a useful feature that should be turned off if possible

Maybe i need more coffee, but i really don’t get what the actual problem is.

normally the document doesn’t move at all, unless you 

• use the move tool and drag the image
  • Click a window slider or move inside its sensitive area
  • use mouse, menu or keyboard shortcuts to zoom, move or rearrange the document views.

Otherwise, using the mouse for other editing actions it only moves inside the image, without moving the image itself.

So you are requesting a kind of „view lock“ disabling moving the image view (window) even when the move tool is intentionally active? Or is it something different.

Again, sorry for me not getting the point.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff

Hi @Andrew Buckle
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Other than using a regular 
scroll-wheel mouse there's no way to turn this off. It may be annoying if you are not used to, but give it a chance/some time and you may end liking it more than you expected (i did).

@NotMyFault,
Andrew is probably using a surface mouse where the finger movements over the surface translate in panning movement of the canvas. With a regular scroll-wheel mouse this doesn't happen which is probably what you are using.

• 2 years later...

I have been using Photo for several years now. This issue is the single most frustrating flaw in the design and makes me hate the app at times ... it's annoying, you don't get used to it, there should be a way to turn it off!