You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pantone Electric Pastels article and palette

William Overington

Nice colors, William. The Pantone website gives the RGB values for each of those pastels, and I have attached an .afpalette file for them. (Note - the colors in the palette are a match for the colors on the website, but only if the starting point is a document using sRGB as a color profile. Otherwise, they will start out too saturated.)

Electric Pastels.afpalette

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

2 minutes ago, smadell said:

Nice colors, William. The Pantone website gives the RGB values for each of those pastels, and I have attached an .afpalette file for them. (Note - the colors in the palette are a match for the colors on the website, but only if the starting point is a document using sRGB as a color profile. Otherwise, they will start out too saturated.)

Electric Pastels.afpalette 844 B · 1 download

Thank you.

So how do I use the palette please in Affinity Designer?

Are these the colours labelled as for Fashion, Home and Interiors or the ones labelled as Graphics?

With an earlier palette I tried to make a greetings card using all of the colours in the palette.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/143812-informal-design-workshop-idea/

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

6 minutes ago, William Overington said:

So how do I use the palette please in Affinity Designer?

Affinity Designer Help: Importing swatches palettes

(The ‘System Palette’ feature is not available on Windows.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

William - In response to the other question you asked, the RGB values were taken from the "Fashion, Home and Interiors" swatches. The "Graphics" swatches looked a bit too dark and saturated to my eye, and less like "pastels" (even electric ones).

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

2 minutes ago, smadell said:

William - In response to the other question you asked, the RGB values were taken from the "Fashion, Home and Interiors" swatches. The "Graphics" swatches looked a bit too dark and saturated to my eye, and less like "pastels" (even electric ones).

Thank you. That is good. I will try to think up a design for a greetings card that uses all of those colours.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

The Pantone website also lists their Colors of the Year dating back to 2000. Obviously, this seemed like an .afpalette document waiting to happen. I have created such a palette, and it is available in a separate thread: