You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I have just bought a Leica D-Lux 7 and am over the moon with it.

When shooting raw the photos are heavily barrelled when opened in Photos.

The lens does not seem to be in the lens list. It's  a DC Vario Summilux 1:1.7 - 2.8.

I tried all the Leica presets but none look that good. I did it manually and ended up with a picture that looked like a kite 😀

Does anyone have any ideas about how to handle raw for this camera?

Thanks for any help.

I do believe that's similar to the Panasonic LX100, did you try the lens correction as per the image below?

You won't find that lens listed as it's not interchangeable

D-Lux.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

You can try  this xml file which I've modified from the panasonic version, thus:

<maker>Leica</maker>
<model>D-Lux 7</model>

If the sun's out then this will work and auto select the camera, if it's not then you may have to change the model into whatever the metadata shows, use any text editor. Good luck, it's a smashing camera

LensProfilesFolder.png

LeicaD-Lux7.xml

Edited by David in Яuislip
oops, forgot the xml

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Hello again David,

Thanks very much for that. I dropped your .xml into the Lens Profiles folder, opened Photo and lo and behold, it was in the list!

Selected and cured it straight away! It did zoom in a bit but after my kite effort yesterday it would have had no choice..... 🤣

I tried the other suggestion too, the Leica DLC LX100 and that was the same as yours - I must have missed that yesterday.

Thanks again, I will be happy to use RAW now (although I am very impressed with the jpegs that it produces too).

Here's a before and after crop......the barrelling doesn't look too bad but it really was viewing the full photo.LDL7OFF.png.6ee3d437d4b31a3f94b100314f32f62a.pngLDL7On.png.7a600ffda6b597e0d5a727f3bf5caa71.png 

3 hours ago, Geoff777 said:

lo and behold, it was in the list!

That's no good, it should auto select. It turns out that I made a little boo boo, I deleted the lens mount info and shouldn't have. I've changed the data to

<maker>LEICA CAMERA AG</maker>
<model>D-Lux 7</model>
<mount>panasonicDMCLX100</mount>

and now it's happy

LeicaD-Lux7.xml