You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scatter brush we could use to scatter things around a path

Would like to have this option for vector brushes. Recently I made an illustration with a background filled with stars and I thought "I don't want to copy n paste the stars over and over".

The only solution I found was to create a star with the shape I wanted, rasterized it and turned it into a brush using "New Brush from Selection". Then I modified the size and accumulation jitters, scatter x and y, rotation and flow to create a random pattern of small and big, randomly rotated stars.

It worked for what I wanted, but would be better if this was a vector brush so I can edit the stars path and readjust them. And also edit the brush at the same time and see the results immediately.

• 4 months later...

Vector brushes are very simple. I recently wanted to drop a vector shape in the brush panel to create both a scatter brush and an art brush like I usually do in Illustrator. I was stunned to see this is not possible.

It does not make sense we have to create a pixel image (png) to create a vector brush. Although the resulting path is editable the quality is not as good as when using vectors.

We need vector brushes made up of vectors and the scatter option.