You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OK.......  again, beginning anew.  Again.  I have been wandering in the wilderness.  Please be patient.  I have followed rabbit holes for days now looking for an answer, yes, that I like.  I confess.  Here goes:  adding a text document to a publishing format: this one.  Must I add 400 pages (approx) one at a time?  Adobe InDesign won't........... unless tech there didn't know what he was doing.  I suspect that.  I just want to work.  I don't want to invent wheels, jump fiery hoops or show off.  I managed to get 6 X 9 format pages here. My take herein is that I need to add one text box per one page and import that page, all 400 (or so, no images) one at a time.  So far, I managed to import title page.  The rest?  No.  I have read so many tutorials, watched YouTube videos, counseled myself to get into one program and stick with it but nothing accommodates what I need to do.  Which is, seems simple, take a text document, adapt it to 6 X 9 format, add, fade, adjust, images that I have already edited.  If there is a kind soul out there who can assist me, I will be forever grateful.  Indeed, the gods will be too.  I have dragged them from program to program.  This forum had some friendly faces.  Thanks.  I need a nap.    

31 minutes ago, TheStudioSusan said:

Must I add 400 pages (approx) one at a time?

No. Just add one page with a suitably sized text frame, import your text file into it and let the app do the work of creating additional pages as necessary.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

First, thank you Alfred, again.  I am sure this is a tedious subject because it seems it should be self-explanatory.  Second, because since there is nothing to be found in Google or forums that has worked, I must be the only human in history who either wants to accomplish this simple task or who should not be allowed near a keyboard.  Simple.  Yes.  What you said.  Open, program.  Create a text box and presto, you have a book!  I must say I get page one at least.  Cntrl A, check select text.  Cntrl. C,  check, copy text.  Check.  Cntrl. V.  Page One.  Check.  Sorry. No menu to find the folder.  I think I need to subscribe to Word again.  I would rather have my fingernails pulled out, candidly.  But at least they have publisher.  Sheesh.  Publisher might even have the option to fade an image and wrap text!  Thanks Alfred.  I appreciate your time.  I have tried so many times on so many miracle applications, I give up........  or WORD.  Which is worse?  

1 hour ago, TheStudioSusan said:

What you said.  Open, program.  Create a text box and presto, you have a book!  I must say I get page one at least.  Cntrl A, check select text.  Cntrl. C,  check, copy text.  Check.  Cntrl. V.  Page One.  Check.  Sorry. No menu to find the folder.

What @Alfred posted was a link to a topic that explains what to do. As @walt.farrell said in that topic, after creating the text frame for the first page, use File > Place to place the file with the text in that text frame. At this point you will have only one document page, so to create the remaining pages, Shift-click on the red overflow triangle.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7