You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Closes when zooming in on an equirectangular photo

Hello, I perform equirectangular hdr in PTGUI of 33 photos (+ 2,0, -2). The result is exported to PSD format. Exporting to PSD includes the final result layer, the blending planes as layers and for each shot (11) each shot layer and its mask according to its exposure (+ 2.0, -2). Available at the end of a 37-layer 878MB PSD file. I open the file in Affinity Photo and it appears at 17% zoom. I click the zoom button going up to 20%, 25% and 50%. When I go to 75% Affinity Photo closes, always !! Can we assume that Affinity does not support very large photos? Or is it my laptop's problem? The laptop has these features:
Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks

On 3/8/2021 at 13:48, SPaceBar said:

Hola @ Rubén D. ¿Podrías subir la foto aquí para que pueda probarla yo mismo? Si no, ¿podría decirme qué tan grande es el tamaño del archivo, por favor?

Hello, the file size was indicated in the previous post, 878 MB. I can send you the photo but I would not like it to be made public. How can I send it? Thanks.

If you click on the text(link) "here" in SpaceBar's posting. You can upload to a non public drobbox.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

OK thanks! It is already uploaded. This is a 30% quality test. The final work will be 3 GB. But I have jobs with 6GB panoramas and I would need to know if Affinity allows me to work with very large files (Gigapixel). I have seen that there is a new update, I am going to test it and inform you. Thanks a lot.

The small amount of RAM on the laptop can become a bottleneck with large files and delay processing.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

I second what Komatos posted. My system would struggle with that file. the working file with Affinity it's the afphoto files, balloon to huge sizes in no time. Just working with my Canon RAW CR2 files, I have afphoto files that are in to the hundreds of megabites, and they do not contain any HDR images. If you're going to be working with large files, such as HDR images, I would recommend upgrading your system, try around 32Gig RAM to start with, if not 64GB. 

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

@Rubén D. I have attempted to reproduce this on my Surface Pro 4 that has 8GB RAM.  

The app didn't close but the fan kicked in and it stopped responding once at around 150% and then another time over 1500%. I do think the RAM is the issue as @Komatös suggested. I tried the same thing on my iMac with 16 GB RAM and it didn't have the same problem.

Hi, thanks for the tips. I'm going to look to buy a new laptop (maybe an MSI Creator 64GB RAM). Now I am at home and I have been able to test with my iMac 4 cores and 16 GB RAM (late 2012). On the iMac it works perfectly. But I'm still at 30% of full quality. When I work 100% I will upload a new comment. If the problem is the RAM it could be an improvement to edit gigapixel images that Affinity could reduce the quality of the section that is not being edited at that moment and increase only the specific area, it would improve the performance.