You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scaling text on a path as part of large complex group?

Hi,

I have a grouped multi layer object that I prepared and now that I am trying to shrink it into another document and may use it as symbol. When I do so, some text which I have on a curved path starts crawling along the path and loses its orientation etc.

I know I can change the text to a curve, but then its not text any longer, and I would like to keep the lettering editable as text in the new document.

Is there some check box, perhaps analogous to the "scale stroke when resizing" check box that I may learn to use?

Thank you.

With simple groups you can use the external resizing handle at the bottom right-hand corner, in combination with the shift key to maintain proportions, and the text in the group will scale and remain editable:

1258535272_Screenshot2021-07-31at17_09_51.png.fde4ccbb52542af793577ea52bee3f1a.png

This is in Designer, and a group of just two objects (text on a path, and a rectangle). I don't know how well it will scale to more complex groups.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I was hoping to use the size dialog box to type in an exact size, and have not found a way to do that without having to explicitly select the text and reduce its letter set size after the group resize. If the drag method works maybe I can adapt to using it, but I would greatly prefer to use the parameter dialog and type an exact size in.

Maybe there is a way?

Thank you.