You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to create a template for a set of tags (example attached) where I can change the background pattern in one action. instead of having the same image for every mask shape as in the attached example.

I've tried grouping the layers, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps even in Photo instead?

Xmas Tags.afpub

Telemax - Symbols looks a cool option. Not tried that one. Will give that a go. thank you.

David - in your example the 'Release' option is greyed out, so not sure how I would do this?

In Photoshop, I would have a selection of shapes on a layer with one image/pattern behind them as a smart object. I would replace the smart object and be able to change the pattern in all the shapes at once.

Trying to do the same thing in any of the Affinity Suite? But it doesn't use Smart objects and I cannot 'group' the shapes together to change them all at once. At least I can group them, but it doesn't let me change the image in all of them at once. Hence my example had a separate image for each shape. Time consuming.

7 minutes ago, Sylverzone said:

David - in your example the 'Release' option is greyed out, so not sure how I would do this?

Right click on the mask and Release is in the options, doesn't work if you click on the picture

Release.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10