You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macros in the Develop Persona

I have a pretty standard routine for developing RAW images. I'd like to build a macro to automate a portion of my routine. Macros do not appear to work in this context which seems crazy since bringing in a bunch of raw images is the perfect place for some automation.

I spend hours developing hundreds of RAW images at a time that share largely similar processing needs. It is tedious, mind numbing, and a creativity killer. This is a pity. 

I think it's great to be able to use Macros in the Photo Persona. But I do believe the developers got it backward. In the Photo Persona, you explore all sorts of creative ideas. Photo is all about possibility and discovery. It is unpredictable. While Macros are about strict regimens and unvarying protocols. Just the kind of stuff you need in the largely predictable Develop.

So do you think Macros in the Develop Persona might make a good feature to add?

Edited by jmcsys
clarification