You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.10.0.1127

On 9/10/2021 at 8:18 PM, walt.farrell said:

Why are you asking this in the announcement topic for an obsolete and downlevel beta version of Photo, rather than in the general Questions part of the forums?

Because i am testing beta version for bugs, and if it (bug) still exists both in beta and release version - for me it is logical to report this bug in beta than in general discussion. If there is already a solution (not just confirmation) then i would be happy to join and read.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, Max N said:
You can scale with the mouse if you hold down the Ctrl key and rotate the mouse wheel.

It is zooming with cntrl + wheel but i am talking about weird zoom ratio, it is completely wierd in comparison with zoom ration when using Cntrl "+" and Cntrl "-"

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

36 minutes ago, Manofjesus said:

Because i am testing beta version for bugs, and if it (bug) still exists both in beta and release version - for me it is logical to report this bug in beta than in general discussion. If there is already a solution (not just confirmation) then i would be happy to join and read.

Reporting it in the Beta forum is appropriate. But ideally if it's a bug also in the release version you'd report it there, I believe.

Reporting it in an announcement topic, and especially an old one superseded by a later release, is not appropriate, as I understand Serif's preferences. If you have a bug to report then you should make your own topic rather than using the announcement topic. If only a question, then if it's a new behavior in the beta you could ask about it in the beta forum. Otherwise it's better to use the general Questions forum, I believe.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...