You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.7)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Notable changes:

- New Panorama Persona - available from File -> New Panorama.

- 5 new Photos extensions - Miniaturise, Monochrome, Liquify, Develop and Dehaze
- 400% rendering performance improvement in most common situations.
- Global colours.

- Full support for P3 panels found in the new 5k iMac and 4k iMac. If you have one of these you can try making a new RGB8 document with ProPhoto profile and choosing RGB(255,0,0) or RGB(0,255,0) as the colour of your objects - they should look richer and more vivid than you are used to seeing.

- View points added to the Navigator. The Navigator has an advanced mode that lets you choose to create and swap between specific view zoom/position saved points.

- Font fixes. Specifically, a number of font-related crashes have been addressed

- Export/Import improvements - particularly PDF.

- Fix for Text tool failing to accept certain characters (those that were mapped to other shortcuts!)

- Snapping improved for Rotation Centre. Rotation Centre is available from the Move Tool's context toolbar.

- Pantone/named colour/tint improvements. Selecting an object which has a Pantone colour will automatically choose the tint options in the colour panel.

- Canvas rotation. The canvas can be rotated by using the touchpad's rotate gesture or by using the View menu items 'Rotate Left', 'Rotate Right' or 'Reset Rotation'.

- Fix for colour conversion issues exhibited with HSL colours in RGB document formats.

- Character & Paragraph panel improvements.

- Typography panel show visually the effects of different OpenType features. Select some text and go to the Typography panel - this will show you the available options for your current font and text selection. Try changing fonts for more options.

- Printer’s marks and bleed available for output. The export options for PDF now include these additional options, as does the Print dialog.

- Smart Tap feature. Toggle between the current zoom and 100% by double-tapping with two fingers on the trackpad. This is useful for designing up close and being able to easily refer to a 100% view and then back again.

- Updated splash screens. These are necessary as we need to include Pantone licensing information.

- Added Split-toning adjustment. This is available from the Layers panel's adjustments menu and the main Layers->Adjustments menu.

- Improvements to deform filter - you can now select and manipulate multiple pins at once.

Is there a shortcut to go back to 0 degree rotation? If not - what about shift cmd 0?

Rotation is totally sweet, although not totally smooth but that´s my overall experience with AP, I use lots of filters and adjustments and of course this eats up resources. And I think it really is faster than before but i hope with metal it´ll get like than 10x faster. Then I´d say it´s perfekt.

Panorama stitching is amazing, just did a 104MP Panorama of Paris!

Split toning is sweet as well!

​The toggle for 100% zoom is very useful!

THX  for the deform filter!! 

Ah, and AP crashed once and I lost the top panel with the personas but ctrl reset did the job.... sorry for not giving you a crash report, but it was in the panorama stitching part. I added a clarity filter on top of two USM and then I added a levels adjustment and then it crashed and didn´t restore the levels and the clarity adjustment. 

AD got a lot faster with gaussian blur filter!

In AP the color picker is still slow like whatever asa it hits the canvas of a more complicated picture (I gave it MEB - the one with the Jeans)

I´m still looking forward to dragging the "layer" description to set the opacity. 

and I´m still looking forward to USM Threshold alt klick preview for masking.

overall - big thumps up! you really got me surprised this evening, didn´t expect all of that!

EDIT

​I think your "new" approach to the Photo extension is great! (although I´ll probably never actually use it)

BUG: The "default" language ignores my setting (US English) and defaults to UK English.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

We manage to understand ourselves...

ronnyb, I didn't think US folks speak English.  Do they? Pardon my ignorance ;)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

For me, a white stripe appears in the Beta 1.3.5.7 left. In the last regular version 1.3.5 he not found in the same image...

After several restarts (I use 10.11.1!) Is the white strip on the right be away, for the file-icon again represent (screenshot) differently.

Nevertheless, keep it up

For all a nice weekend!

post-5756-0-16077300-1446885593_thumb.png

It looks like PDF export is badly broken, I'm afraid. It's not getting its colour profiles right. As a result it either uses a default CMYK profile (even if you are trying to export to RGB), or else (for PDF/X-3 and PDF/X-4) it just crashes. Either way isn't really usable. If you are crashing, then CTRL+runup with Clear User Defaults checked will reset the dialog so it doesn't open on the PDF page so you can at least export as something else. You can still output a PDF by using File > Print > PDF > Save as PDF..., albeit without any of the new features.

I'm very sorry about this. We'll get it fixed in the next update.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.