You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Windows - 1.10.0

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the Windows release of Affinity Designer, version 1.10.0

The detailed changes in Affinity Designer for Windows 1.10.0 (over the last release Affinity Designer for Windows 1.9.2) are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Improved performance with:
    • Heavily layered documents (faster rendering during panning and text reflow).
    • Placed images.
    • Text.
    • Embedded documents.
    • Low-memory conditions.
  • New Selection options Parent, Top, & Bottom
  • Improved IME text editing for Japanese and Simplified Chinese languages.
  • Improved SVG import/export.
  • Fixed issues with documents that have large numbers of embedded documents failing to load.
    (The maximum number of allowed open file handles was being exceeded leading to erroneous 'Future Version Error')
  • Added support for most emoji.
  • Added ‘Limit Initial Zoom to 100%’ preferences option.
  • Resource Manager:
    • New "Relink" option for missing resources.
    • Added "File Type" column.
    • EPS files can be linked.
  • Assorted other small fixes.
  • Help & localisation improvements.

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in Help > About Affinity Designer).

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the Affinity Store software it will check for updates and offer any available update. The latest update will install over the top of any earlier version, with no need to uninstall. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "Download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Designer for Windows) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Windows Store purchases and needs a product key).

If you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store— Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Off topic conversation split to here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Heavily layered documents (faster rendering during panning and text reflow).

Still suffering from the above. 10900K / Radeon 6800XT. There's always this little stutter or delay when click > dragging objects and the same for most undo changes (Ctrl + Z). It's my one and only gripe with the software :)

• Staff

@Sovcat

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I trust these problems are not made worse by this new version. If they are please report them in a new thread in this forum probably with a video of the problem

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

All I can say is Thanks for all the hard work...with all the apps!.. just been taking AD for a test drive with a new drawing...Geez it's fast!.. brushes so much smoother!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

I wanted to come in and say thanks for the speed upgrade too! I've noticed the shift on my iPad immediately, it's a lot smoother (I didn't think I would notice any difference so it was a complete surprise to me when I realized that things were loading without a slight stutter when I had multiple artboards up with multiple vector objects.)

I'm looking forward to new updates, but I haven't made any changes for the better, the designer is slower and even crashes unexpectedly, which didn't happen to me in the older version .... I'm working on a weaker laptop and the new upgrade probably pushed me to buy a laptop to could work normally ... or I'll revert to an older version

• Staff

@radon7

Sorry to hear that. As explained in this thread's "recommended" post, this announcement is not the best place to report problems. Please can you make a new thread in the Designer Bugs on Windows section 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 1 month later...