You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for macOS - 1.10.0

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the MacOS release of Affinity Photo, version 1.10.0

The detailed changes in Affinity Photo for MacOS 1.10.0 over the release build Affinity Photo for macOS 1.9.3 are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Improved GPU rendering
  • Improved Serif Labs RAW engine
  • Improved IME text editing for Japanese and Simplified Chinese languages
  • Improved Lens Correction for Canon, Tamron and Sigma lenses
  • Improved PDF import/export
  • Astrophotography
    • Edit stacked image names for better organisation
    • Stack images for different filters simultaneously using file groups (auto-alignment avoids resampling)
    • Open FITS files directly in Photo Persona (control over demosaicing)
    • Support for FUJIFILM X-Trans sensor images
  • Improved performance with:
    • Panorama stitching
    • Defringing and increased maximum radius
    • Multiple placed Info page samplers
    • Adjustment layers when hardware acceleration is disabled
    • Heavily layered documents (faster rendering during panning and text reflow)
    • Placed images
    • Embedded documents
    • Low-memory situations
    • Converting documents between ICC profiles / pixel formats
    • Documents which contain flattened, opaque layers (usually the result of merge visible)
  • Raw CR3 support (for Canon EOS 850D)
  • Median Blur mode for Frequency Separation filter
  • Added hardware acceleration to Gradient Map adjustment
  • Added GPU acceleration for blend ranges 
  • Fixed crop tool issue where all presets were landscape
  • Added support for most emoji
  • Added ability to Load ACM lens profiles
  • Added additional file drag drop options when holding Option key
  • Resource Manager:
    • New Relink option for missing resources
    • New File Type column
    • EPS files can be linked
  • Various stability improvements and assorted other fixes.
  • Help and localisation improvement..

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in application menu, Affinity Photo > About).

If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available.

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer to download and install any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option Check for Updates. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Photo for macOS) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Mac app store purchases and needs a product key).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Great work guys - running great on my non production MacBook pro👍

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

I thought 1.9.3 was fast with the M1 chip.   V. 1.10 leaves 1.9.3 at the starting gate!   The paint brush almost paints before I start painting!!  (Hyperbole but descriptive).  I know it will be the same thing with Designer and Publisher (also successfully downloaded) but won't waste forum space with the same comment.   Thank you everybody!  This is a wonderful update.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Improved performance with:
    • Converting documents between ICC profiles / pixel formats

Are you folks free to elaborate a bit on the above? Is this actually a performance improvement (speed), or an accuracy-related one? Are there certain rendering intents or conversions where we might expect to see improvement? (I'm doing proofing-related work so ICC conversions are of particular interest to me.)

Also, thanks to you folks for all your hard work on Affinity Photo! I continue to enjoy using it, and it's a great value.

• Staff
On 8/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, numberonesoniafan said:

Are you folks free to elaborate a bit on the above?

It's an efficiency improvement when masks or adjustments have large areas that are all white or all black, where before it would process every pixel individually it will now quickly skip unnecessary areas. So not more accurate, just faster when possible.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I wish I could say that I'm feeling the same way as others. After upgrading, my experience got significantly worse. I already reported my experience in the bugs area, and even after setting up my machine as recommended, I'm still getting spinning beach balls in Affinity Photo, on relatively small images. Even crashed once, which is something that hasn't happened for me since early v.1.9. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, peters1950 said:

Would it work with High Sierra or its for newer OS only?

What "it" are you asking about? The Photo application, or some specific function?

The application certainly runs on High Sierra.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your help. Since you were so nice to answer, could I ask you about something else? I have a nice photo of my granddaughter done with ring light. Of course you can see the reflection of the ring light in her eyes. How to try to get rid of it? Tried red eye tool - no results.... Thanks for any tips