You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.5.7)

EDIT: I didn't have the UI preset turned on, but I did have force pixel alignment and snapping on. Using the preset seems to have fixed it up. Maybe it was the tolerance setting?

Sorry if this was mentioned, but I'm noticing a pretty significant decrease in snapping precision in the latest beta, perhaps the artboard implementation messed with things a bit? It can get fairly precise if I zoom in really far, but with a 10px square grid set, moving objects around seems to always want to snap or move about 1-5px off of the grid instead of snapping to it. Just something to check into.

But still worth it—artboards are already making a huge difference for me! So happy. :)

I'm getting a lot of crashing when I use the selection marquee and then try to copy, while in the Pixel persona... consistently happens

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I haven't yet downloaded the latest Beta as it has nothing to offer me in the kind of work I do.

Just a little tiny nudge to the Developer's office.

It really would be very useful not to have to move a guide line in order to select a line that lies directly on it. The Guide need to stay where I put it otherwise it will not be a guide line!

Is drawing to scale still on the cards for the future?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

I have already requested that guides can be angled and also asked for curve nodes to remain in sight when moving a guide. There are times when I want to line up two or more curve nodes together.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Two tiny thingies …

• I don’t know if this has already been noted … but the checkboxes for the Printer Marks work a little unexpectedly. See below.
  • And I wonder, if it is possible to add a stroke to an art board. Whereas the fill properties are retained when converting an object to an art board, it seems that the stroke simply disappears.

Cheers, Alex  :)

I can't anymore copy/paste AD > AI. It's crucial for me because I must send technical drawings and AI is still the most versatile format.

It works fine in AD 1.3.5

smallreflection : One other thing that seems to be showing up for me is Cmd + Opt. dragging to quickly select shapes seems to not be working much at all now, even if I have a parent Layer folder selected.

Same behaviour here. The little icon (modify layers) seems have no effect.

I'm also waiting for a "Search by name" function. All my shapes have a name : index, brand, background, hands, counter, etc. I think that it's a good option to access sub-layers.

Add also a shortcut for "Find in sub-layers"

I can't anymore copy/paste AD > AI. It's crucial for me because I must send technical drawings and AI is still the most versatile format.

It works fine in AD 1.3.5

I would be interested in what kind of technical drawings you do? I have offered several suggestions to the developers

for improving the 'technical' aspect of drawing. It will be nice to know I have an ally!

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

With so many people talking about artboards (that I think that are great but still need a little bit of refining), I would like to ask: will we have a Bleed parameter and, if yes, will it show as a frame around the artboards?

There is already a bleed parameter, in the Document Setup. It doesn't preview yet, but will do fairly soon.

Are your drawings technical illustrations or like engineering or architectural drawings?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

No, only horology. Things are not yet very easy. Symmetry and scale need a center point like rotation. I draw a bounding box for these operations.

About donut : It would be great to type diameter instead %. I'm very frustrating about this.

Same remark with rounded corners, everything with % would be replace with numerical values (or we can choose in preferences)

And for me, a cloner tool would be christmas ! When I draw an index, I replicate it 12 times. Well, if I need to modify them, I must do 12 changes or one change + 11 copy/rotations. Very boring.

Oh My, I really get headaches from the color picker... :(

post-3178-0-42219900-1447332633_thumb.png

Why in the heck does it shows colors that aren't nowhere in the image? How should I sample exactly the one color at the end of a gradient fill of a bitmap?

Please, revamp the color picking functions across all the app... There are so many UX glitches here and there (for example concurrent pickers on various windows and dialogs) that makes working with this tool really unpleasant :(

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

• I don’t know if this has already been noted … but the checkboxes for the Printer Marks work a little unexpectedly. See below.

It's trying to be helpful and avoid the case where printers marks are included but no specific marks are checked. It'll be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks, Dave … :)

(Yes, the idea is indeed great, but I expected it to work the following way: As soon as you tick “Include printers marks” all checkboxes below should be ticked automatically, in order to match the actual appearance of the printed page …)

My private fonts finally work properly, all special OpenType features I've implemented (e.g. Swash or Stylistic Alternates) seem to be OK. See 2 screenshots from regular 1.3.5 and beta 1.3.5.7. Thanks, great job!   ;)

P.S. Well, I am still waiting for editable text layers in exported PSD...   :rolleyes:

post-15939-0-19301100-1447355757_thumb.png

post-15939-0-84066900-1447355777_thumb.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.