You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.5.7)

Crash report: I'm pretty consistently getting a crash when taking some artboards with a fill color (just a white background) and trying to set them back to transparent. Not happening every single time, and can't send files over, sorry, but one of the only crash-causers I've had so far.

When the developers changed the shape of the Style thumbnails why in their wisdom did they not change the background so that a black stroke style can be recognized easily? I have created a number of dotted lines and I have to rely on its shorthand name (not enough room for a long name) to see what is.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

After enabling Artboards general borders of document is disappeared. It is... strange.

And other "bug" - i cant set by keyboard some fixed height or width for some artboard in transform panel.

Working only mouse scroll changing.

And have some question - can I disable artboards mask view?

Sorry to comparison. I know your project is unique and you should not copy ideas from other projects.

But I like realization of artboards idea in Adobe Illustrator.

Adding further to MEB's Arrow Highlighting suggestion…

1. Keep the un-selected layer arrow gray, as in version 1.3.5

2. Change the arrow to white for selected layers

3. Use white triangle + circle with the system highlight color, if inside layer hierarchy

This preserves the simplicity of the arrow while still being highly visible.

Example attached

I know it's been asked a zillion times, but any news on when pasteboards will be implemented?

They are implemented already but it’s a bit weird. You have to make a new artboard first & you also have to get over the weird zooming behaviour.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

Thanks for that.

So, is this the final implementation of how the pasteboard is going to work?  An artboard has to be created first?

Also, it seems really weird that the object has to be 100% contained in the pasteboard area before it will show up.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.