You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for iPad is NOT saving to Dropbox

I am trying to save my Affinity Photo files to Dropbox and then open them from there after doing so. Affinity Photo neither allows me to access Dropbox or save to it. Very frustrating.

The same workflow works fine with Apple files. It will also allow me to save to my iPad directly. But I want to save to Dropbox where I keep the majority of my work.

I'm assuming this is supposed to work. It just isn't. I am running the latest iOS and the latest version of Dropbox for iOS.

What is the deal?! How do I get this to work.

3 hours ago, thomasbricker said:

I am trying to save my Affinity Photo files to Dropbox

With the file open, use Save a Copy, name file, tap Save, navigate to Dropbox and select folder, tap Save. Done. 
If you Export files to Dropbox, use Export, select format, tap Share button, bottom left, and select Save to Files, then navigate to Dropbox folder and tap Save.

Check that you can access Dropbox via the Files app. That is what Affinity uses.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

12 hours ago, DM1 said:

With the file open, use Save a Copy, name file, tap Save, navigate to Dropbox and select folder, tap Save. Done. 
If you Export files to Dropbox, use Export, select format, tap Share button, bottom left, and select Save to Files, then navigate to Dropbox folder and tap Save.

Check that you can access Dropbox via the Files app. That is what Affinity uses.🙂

Hi DM1,

As much as I would love to do what you’re mentioning here, that option is simply not visible on my iPad Pro. It’s as if I don’t have something turned on in order to be able to see dropbox. Perhaps I’m missing a setting somewhere. Dropbox is not in my menus for saving or opening. That is the issue. I know the process, I just don’t have the access for some unknown reason.

92FEC9E0-2872-4D3B-B42B-71AF874D09A3.png

F414AC08-94E0-4862-9A60-265963EC86D3.png

22 minutes ago, thomasbricker said:

Dropbox is not in my menus for saving or opening.

Also check that it is not turned off in edit menu.

C4101A7A-AB09-4C8F-B577-7A74A426DEDD.jpeg

E4564154-ADDF-4EB9-B20B-F9338C329906.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Thanks D M one,

Thanks DM1,

I was about to write a new post to say that exact thing. Apple files by default hides other cloud services. So I clicked on the three dots and saw that Dropbox was unchecked. Now that I have checked it, the whole save process is working just fine my affinity apps on the iPad.

All good.