You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is automatic (or semi-) fixing perspective possible in Photo?

I have a number of photos for which I need to fix the perspective (they're like the photos in real estate listings). The perspective tool in Affinity Photo seems to be doing the job well (I'm learning as I go), but it's relatively time consuming to judge each one by eye. Is there a way to reduce the interactivity? I've seen tutorials for Photoshop that do it with no guidance, and many years ago I bought a 3rd party extension for Corel PhotoPaint where (from memory) I had to draw 2 desired verticals and the rest was automatic.

Is there any way to do this in Photo? I'm not going to buy (and learn) Photoshop, but I'd consider buying an extension, if that were an option.

Thanks.

DXO's Viewpoint is good software for Perspective correction, both as a standalone app and as a plugin although on Mac it crashes Affinity Photo.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

In Affinity Photo there is only the destructive perspective tool or the non-destructive live projection layer. However, both require manual alignment on the image.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

@Putterer

If you are running APh in Windows then DXO Viewpoint 3 plugin doesn't cause the crash that @firstdefence reports for Mac.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

1 hour ago, emmrecs01 said:

@Putterer

If you are running APh in Windows then DXO Viewpoint 3 plugin doesn't cause the crash that @firstdefence reports for Mac.

Jeff

Plugins generally fair better under windows but I use Viewpoint as a standalone, will keep monitoring it though and report if I get a positive result in later releases.
For Mac users I am running High Sierra.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions