You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

I am working on a series of product images. These images will be displayed side by side in a web shop. The finished images are simple composites made up of two separate images. I want to make each of the finished images have the same proportion and product positions. I am using guides to do this. Rather than go through the process of setting up guides for each of the different product documents, is there a way I can copy and paste guides from one document to another?

Cheers

Reality is perception. Perception is reality. You are in charge of both.

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

2.5 GHz  |  i5 quad                          1.6 GHz  |  Core i5

20 GB Ram  |  10.12.6                     8 GB Ram  |  10.13.6

Hi.

I'm not sure you can use this methode, but..

If your pictures are of the same size (or rezise them first):

Set up the guides the way you want them. 

Make a new pixel layer.

Use your brush tool and drag a line on the guide. (Click in the beginning of the line, hold down shift and click on the end of the line.)

Then you can copy the layer and use it as an overlay over the other pictures.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Thanks for the info and tips.

Probably waaaaay down on the list of dev work... but intuitively I wanted to copy and paste the details from the Guides Manager in one document to another. The other thing I wanted to do was resize the window or dock it somewhere convenient. If I had a second monitor then dragging it off the main screen would be nice. 

I do like how the Guides Manager stays open when switching between documents.

I have 12 of these composite images to produce, so have created a custom grid to overlay as a layer in each document.

Cheers

post-3512-0-03368100-1446838842_thumb.png

Reality is perception. Perception is reality. You are in charge of both.

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

2.5 GHz  |  i5 quad                          1.6 GHz  |  Core i5

20 GB Ram  |  10.12.6                     8 GB Ram  |  10.13.6

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, Yannig said:

+1 ;)

This topic is in the Questions part of the forum. A +1 does nothing here, as this topic is not a request for a change and the planners are not looking here. Those would be in the Feature Requests & Suggestions part of the forum.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Maybe a little bit offtopic, but it seems to fit here:

If  i have my standard-guides eg. 25/50/75 %%%%%%.... or so...

i get lost all this guides PERCENTAGES if i crop the canvas/picture... WHY this??? 

% is %!!!! And should not meaning just depending on this special canvas/sizes???
How can i "PIN" my guides as %, dosnt matter on canvas/doc-size....?

If i crop "uneven" is there an automation that all Layers which bevor centered keep the "center" to the new ("uneven" cropped left/right / top/botten)

BTW. If i select severeal layers and hit the "center"  they become "centerd too other, not to the Canvas???  So i have to Center each one by one.... is there a shorter way? 

Thank you!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

34 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

Maybe a little bit offtopic, but it seems to fit here:

If  i have my standard-guides eg. 25/50/75 %%%%%%.... or so...

i get lost all this guides PERCENTAGES if i crop the canvas/picture... WHY this??? 

% is %!!!! And should not meaning just depending on this special canvas/sizes???
How can i "PIN" my guides as %, dosnt matter on canvas/doc-size....?

If i crop "uneven" is there an automation that all Layers which bevor centered keep the "center" to the new ("uneven" cropped left/right / top/botten)

BTW. If i select severeal layers and hit the "center"  they become "centerd too other, not to the Canvas???  So i have to Center each one by one.... is there a shorter way? 

Thank you!

Those seem unrelated to this very old topic, Polygonius. Probably better if you start a new topic.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/23/2022 at 2:37 PM, walt.farrell said:

Those seem unrelated to this very old topic, Polygonius. Probably better if you start a new topic.

ups yeah, from 2015.... so i will post again;-)

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!