You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Workbooks on Kindle

Hello

Is there any likelihood of publishing the Affinity Workbooks on Kindle?
I find e-books as reference books are generally much more useful, and significantly more portable, than the dead tree versions. 

I've watched all of the tutorial videos, which have been extremely useful, thank you, and I am keen to find out more.

As an alternative, what do people recommend as the best e-book references for Affinity. Kindle, iBook or any other format. 

regards

James

1 hour ago, James Mcilwraith said:

Is there any likelihood of publishing the Affinity Workbooks on Kindle?
I find e-books as reference books are generally much more useful, and significantly more portable, than the dead tree versions. 

Serif have previously said they have no plans for ebook versions of the workbooks.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I have the Publisher Workbook and can tell you that it's hard to map the information onto a Kindle as you can with a print medium. 
And if you have questions, the help function often offers a quick solution.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 3 weeks later...

It is a pity that there is no e-book version of these books. I travel a lot and would be happy if this series of books were available in a digital version, so I could just put them on my computer. Taking them with me on flights is almost impossible because of luggage weight restrictions 😀

The workbooks are quite complex and contain many examples and additional information.
This layout could not be displayed on a Kindel or other e-book reader without loss of information.
And then there is also the human factor that has to leyout these e-books, which do not fall from the sky for free.
The expected returns would not compensate for the capital investment.
Ask Adobe if they would make an e-book compendium of their programmes. The shareholders will think you're crazy.

Publisher Workbook.jpg

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

16 minutes ago, Komatös said:

The workbooks are quite complex and contain many examples and additional information.
This layout could not be displayed on a Kindel or other e-book reader without loss of information.
And then there is also the human factor that has to leyout these e-books, which do not fall from the sky for free.
The expected returns would not compensate for the capital investment.
Ask Adobe if they would make an e-book compendium of their programmes. The shareholders will think you're crazy.

Publisher Workbook.jpg

As the books are produced digitally before the dead trees get involved, it seems rather hard to swallow your argument that they are too complicated for digital publication. I would presume that a PDF version is just an "Export" click away.
Adobe already offer their "classroom in  a book" series of training books  in Kindle, Epub etc so your comments about them are also misplaced.
Having a paper version of a digital product seems very backward to me. A bit like Amazon delivering your 1 hour delivery by horse and cart..

You will not see all the informations on a Kindle or whatever. And yes, I forgott, Clasrooms in a book. But on an Kindle there is the same situation, you'll not see all the information.  

1 hour ago, Komatös said:

You will not see all the informations on a Kindle or whatever. And yes, I forgott, Clasrooms in a book. But on an Kindle there is the same situation, you'll not see all the information.  

We might be slightly talking at cross purposes. I agree that the book wouldn't be much good on a Kindle White e-reader. I am imagining a full colour e-book on my Mac whilst I follow the examples on screen.

@James Mcilwraith

Yes indeed, it makes more sense on a larger screen. In that respect we are not far apart.

For those who like it clear, I recommend video tutorials anyway; here, for example, for the publisher:
https://affin.co/PublisherTutorials

3 minutes ago, LibreTraining said:

The tutorials are horrible on any normal size screen.
I would much rather have an ebook where I can actually see the examples.

It's a good thing that one can argue about taste and preferences.  😜

25 minutes ago, Komatös said:

@James Mcilwraith

Yes indeed, it makes more sense on a larger screen. In that respect we are not far apart.

For those who like it clear, I recommend video tutorials anyway; here, for example, for the publisher:
https://affin.co/PublisherTutorials

Yes the tutorial are very helpful, I have watched all of them since starting with Affinity earlier this year.