You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

URGENT problem Black text export in CMYB not only in black!

Hi I have a short deadline and a 400 pages book with picture. I was unable to export my text in 100% black… it seems to be converted in CMYB color. I really need help. My text are in global color black… pictures are correctly converted… in a robot the pdf show thé problem. Help wanted. 

You say your text is in global color black.

Is that  global colour defined in CMYK or RGB? Use CMYK 0 0 0 100 for the Global Colour.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi thanks for your help... 

Document setting was in CMYK/8 Uncoated Prograf 29. I insert some RVB image inside it. The image converted well... 

i check the Global Color for my text, it seems to be in CMYK too... with 0,0,0,100.

i export It using the "PDF print setting" with black overprint checked , and color conversion checked too... 

see a page linked below... 

test.pdf

ok i try to make a black box as you with fograph 39 (just in case a problem with my fograph 29),

first converted it to fograph 39 and the exporting print ready setting and color conversion checked... it works in Acrobat DC... we are on the right way... so i attempt to convert  the entire book to fograph 39 first... and it takes a lonnnnng times... i must give you a tips for all this help... (^_^) if i manage to get it work !!! 

Ok what I have done with your help… 

first I use document setting to convert color cmyk to fograf 39… 

Secondly creating a new global color and applying to all my text… 0,0,0,100

And I takes a long time… (^_^)

Third export using converting document color to cmyk and including color setting of fograf 39…  

checked it in acrobat with fograf 39 profil and it works black are black… 

thanks for all guy! If there is a way to get your your mail by private message î’ll be pleased to thank you… i hope it will help someone else… 

Mr Jack, delighted that you solved your problem with the help of the good people on this forum, it sounds very similar to the one that I have.  

To be honest, I'm not that good at this tech stuff and I'm struggling, my brain and eyes are tired from looking at tutorials.  Can you or anyone else give me an idiot's guide to creating and setting Global Colour?

Thanks 

David

• 2 weeks later...

One question concerning pure black and color profiles: I had a document with FOGRA39 (for coated paper) and had to change it to FOGRA29 (uncoated paper). Every style I had applied was disconnected after changing color profile. Did this happen to anybody as well?

What I did:
- changed my color profile in document
- found out in Acrobat that all pure blacks were changed into CMYK mixed blacks, also text
- I used global colors and text styles, but they didn't update the color anymore

Is this just my problem?

Ah, ok, I was not sure. But I don't really understand why it would be useful to convert 100% black into a weird four color mix, especially when it's text or a graphic element. And one more problem - I can change this setting, but it's not staying. When I reopen this document config, it's back at convert.

1 hour ago, thadeusz said:

why it would be useful to convert 100% black into a weird four color mix, especially when it's text or a graphic element

The app doesn't mind what you're doing with the colours. You ask it to convert colours, it converts.

Now, if you assign a profile, it doesn't have to convert anything, and the colours keep their values.

1 hour ago, thadeusz said:

I can change this setting, but it's not staying. When I reopen this document config, it's back at convert.

You don't mind what the default button is, just check that it kept the right profile :)