You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trying to warp vector to follow established arch???

You don’t say which Affinity application(s) you have access to but this sort of thing is only available in Photo – via various tools, including Mesh Warp – and the result will be rasterised.
There are currently no vector warping tools in the Affinity suite.
Many requests for this sort of thing have been made so you can find answers to any further questions about this on those other threads.

You’re welcome.
I’ve not tried to warp something quite as precisely as you want to so it would be interesting to know which tool(s) you find most useful.
Keep a copy of your vector layer in case anything goes wrong and you need to start again.
Also, I would probably try and warp it when it was not rotated, and then rotate it after warping if possible. It might be a lot trickier otherwise.

I work quicker with Affinity (more intuitive) however I'm learning that there are times when I still need to use Illustrator I guess - you are correct, the mesh in Photo wasn't as exact as I needed - just used the pen tool in AI with envelope distort and whacked the warped vector straight back into Designer - all done!

Appreciate you helping me develop a Designer/Illustrator workflow, your quick response saved me time looking for something that isn't Designer/Photo available :)

Cheers

Wobbles

I now use and would recommend VectorStyler as an Affinity companion app, mainly for vector warps, I now love the way in which copies and pastes back and fourth, could have achieved your goal in just a few clicks, but if you have Illustrator, may as well use it  

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

4 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Free Inkscape can do. Just saying.

Yes if you're on Win10 Inkscape may be a good option - a bit slow and buggy for us Mac users with limited clipboard, not sure how snappy it is on Win but may be worth a try?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Well - on Mac since 1987 - Inkscape since 2005 - natively since 2015 - moderator over there at the Forum/Chat. Runs best on Linux, then Windows and then Mac. We don´t have Mac-developers currently - just 2 or three guys trying to compile as good as it gets. Actually looking for macOS developers.

7 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Yes if you're on Win10 Inkscape may be a good option - a bit slow and buggy for us Mac users with limited clipboard, not sure how snappy it is on Win but may be worth a try?

Inkscape seems very slow on my iMac, but that could be because I have not figured out how to set it up for better performance. What keeps me from using it more often is in large part that the tool & other UI icons & how they all are grouped seems a bit haphazard, like they were just stuck wherever there was some space, & many of the icons do not, at least to me, suggest what their function is very well.

So basically, every time I start it up, I spend more time trying to find the tool or button I want than actually getting anything done.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@PixelPest Thanks for the heads up on Inkscape - I did use Inkscape 10 years ago when I began to search for alternatives to Adobe. I use it now when Im having issues with SVG's, it's extremely precise.

WOW you have been with Inkscape since 2005? I take my hat off to you

@R C-R summed it up with the UI, I go a bit crossed eyed with Inkscape as I need to work intuitively and at warp speed. With all the software I settle with the semiotic layout has to be king - this is where Affinity caught my eye and excels over Illustrator....

But I appreciated your time mate, one can never have too many options or advice..... thanks...

Cheers

Wobbley

HA! you really want to know? but glad you like it, its taken me a while to personally DIY collect all the data and arrive at this.

Data visualisation of our canine/human eyetracks, genome comparisons, auditory capture and physiological comparisons ie heart rates, ECG blood pressure etc etc

It basically represents the close bond I have with my PTSD Service Canine - just 1 part of a visual arts project for my final year at uni.

Glad you asked? HA! but thanks again mate :)

Cheers

Wobbley