You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'd like to suggest the option to disable align merge sources for the Focus Merge tool. Some modern cameras, such as the Fujifilm X-T4, have in-camera focus bracketing and all my images come out aligned (unless, of course, some outside force moves the camera or subject).

I primarily use Helicon Focus and when I have align sources enabled then it, too, takes a very long time. Affinity Photo is taking somewhere between 25-30 minutes for 73 photos. This is rather long considering some stacks are close to 200 images. Helicon Focus was able to stack the same images in about 5 minutes. I understand that Affinity Photo isn't primarily an image stacking application, as is Helicon Focus, but 20-30 minutes is a bit too long and, I feel, the aligning of the photos is partly to blame.

• 2 years later...

Hi dear Affinity dev team! 

I checked how focus stacking works in Affinity, and I am impressed. 
It even has the edge over professional focus stacking software (Zerene and Helicon, I own both and regularly use them so I can compare).

However, the lack of the discussed feature makes Affinity a no-player for me. 
For my workflow I strictly need to be able to turn off all alignments (most cases), and sometimes(rarely) leave only X,Y translation alignment or only scale alignment.

This feature seems to be not so hard to implement. It' always easier to remove some actions by adding setting then to invent something additional. 
It would be fantastic if you would implement "disable alignment" for focus stacking!
Even though I am not yet an affinity copy owner, this is exactly the thing that stops me from buying it.