You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I exported a flyer from Affinity photo as a jpg. (Note, I'm a newbie in all Affinity products.
When I open it using the windows default app "Photo" it only shows for a few seconds at most, then goes totally black. But if I try to edit it using "Photo" it stays fine as well as when I open it with other windows apps, like paint 3D.

Even if I emailed it to myself, windows photo acts same from the downloaded file.

I'll try to attach it here and see how it behaves on you guys end.

Thank you!

StGeorge-GreekFestFall2021-249-245-238-MedQ.jpg

It displays fine on Mac in Preview and xnViewMP, well all apps actually so it's not the image at fault.

This sounds like a graphic driver issue, have you tried updating, or uninstalling and reinstalling using the latest drivers?

Another option is to change the default app the jpegs open in, you could take a look at XnViewMP as an image viewer, it's free. I’m sure there will be other suggestions but try it and see if it suits your needs.

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-windows-10-photos-black-screen-error/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

20 hours ago, firstdefence said:

It displays fine on Mac in Preview and xnViewMP, well all apps actually so it's not the image at fault.

This sounds like a graphic driver issue, have you tried updating, or uninstalling and reinstalling using the latest drivers?

Another option is to change the default app the jpegs open in, you could take a look at XnViewMP as an image viewer, it's free. I’m sure there will be other suggestions but try it and see if it suits your needs.

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-windows-10-photos-black-screen-error/

First of, thank  you for the link. I tried several options, none made a difference.

But, I DID notice something I had not noticed before. It's not really dark, the image is still there, but super light inside the dark square. If I zoom, I can see more, but everything is dark. I check for video driver update, no new drivers. Besides, I don't think it's a driver problem, since all other jpegs work fine that were either created by other apps or downloaded from the web. But, anyway, I'm not gonna worry about it, at least I'm not doing anything wrong, or missing a setting or something. Thank you for your help! I may give xnViewMP that a try though!

26 minutes ago, Skoutariotis said:

First of, thank  you for the link. I tried several options, none made a difference.

But, I DID notice something I had not noticed before. It's not really dark, the image is still there, but super light inside the dark square. If I zoom, I can see more, but everything is dark. I check for video driver update, no new drivers. Besides, I don't think it's a driver problem, since all other jpegs work fine that were either created by other apps or downloaded from the web. But, anyway, I'm not gonna worry about it, at least I'm not doing anything wrong, or missing a setting or something. Thank you for your help! I may give xnViewMP that a try though!

I found the problem, the free app you recommended, after I used it and opened that jpg, it said it's converting it to 8 bit!

It's the way it's exported. I simply do not embed the ICC and the metadata, problem solved!

For the most part, those are not needed for web pages and to show a preview for the final product.

I can do it like that or simply not worry about being able to see it and if I REALLY need to see it, I'll just open it the paint 3D or the free app.

Correct me if I'm wrong or if this gives you a hint of an inherent problem in my system.