You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Line thickness bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah happens to me too! Pretty annoying that I have to switch from pen to finger just for this instance.

If I try to select the line width with the pencil, it enters half of the selected amount. If I select it with the finger, it puts the full amount (the last select in the video).

AD version 1.10.5 on iPad Pro M1 with Apple Pencil 2.

• Staff
On 9/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, muchitto said:

Yeah happens to me too! Pretty annoying that I have to switch from pen to finger just for this instance.

If I try to select the line width with the pencil, it enters half of the selected amount. If I select it with the finger, it puts the full amount (the last select in the video).

AD version 1.10.5 on iPad Pro M1 with Apple Pencil 2.

FullSizeRender.mov 3.01 MB · 0 downloads

Hi muchitto,

Thanks for letting us know - this is something we do have logged and only occurs when using the Apple Pencil to select the value. Essentially the Pencil is causing the wrong input dialog to pop up (the one without the unit selector below your value). Using your finger should display the correct one with the units and allow you to input the value correctly. I will get your comments passed and get the issue bumped with development.

Yesterday I had an issue where I couldn't change the stroke width of a line I was working with... sometimes the value remained the same but the line got thicker or thinner...

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2021 at 10:09 AM, Sean P said:

Hi muchitto,

Thanks for letting us know - this is something we do have logged and only occurs when using the Apple Pencil to select the value. Essentially the Pencil is causing the wrong input dialog to pop up (the one without the unit selector below your value). Using your finger should display the correct one with the units and allow you to input the value correctly. I will get your comments passed and get the issue bumped with development.

This issue is still here. Any updates on this one? When I’m drawing I try to avoid smudging the screen as much as possible which is why I’m using the pencil to enter values and for some reason which is beyond me, this problem still persists.

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

On 10/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, muchitto said:

Yes, still a problem, still annoying. But hey, no hurry I guess…

I have an AP1 and in the current beta the line width works correctly. Can’t check in current retail as the input appears in mm and there is no selection menu available in keypad entry to change it to px’s.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

7 hours ago, muchitto said:

Correction, used to work in beta but apparently it doesn't anymore

Mine was working then started the incorrect entry. I tried setting with the context menu (pencil tool) and that worked. Then I tried the stroke studio and that was working correctly again.

Still trying to work out what actions/settings starts the problem.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Ok, correction again. This works some of the time. Also when the wrong thickness menu appears, you cant close it from the X in the corner.

I added a video replicating the issue.

To be frank I think this needs to be addressed asap as this makes working with the pencil unbearably annoying. It makes me want to not use the app at all as I change the line thickness all the time and use the pencil for everything.

FullSizeRender.mov

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...