You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Was trying something different here, attempting to recreate the look of printed material. To this end I've create patterns of 1000s of dots to try and get that letratone/halftone feel.

What's impressive is that Affinity Designer's devs aren't kidding when they say the thing never slows down or runs out of memory. It really doesn't. I think this number of objects would have made AI weep tears of blood...

---

Dan Robinson  |  Giant Lobster Productions Ltd

Web: giantlobster.uk

Instagram: @giantlobsterprd

"Art is never finished – only abandoned." - LdV

I love it! This is a wonderful use of the vector art form, which is perfect for creating retro posters and illustration work. I like your choice of colors.

Thanks! Increasingly I feel like less is more when it comes to colour. I try and stick to a core palette of two or three. I think I'm going to do another one similar to this and try to use fewer colours again, maybe even just black and white  :)

---

Totally agree. Fantastic use of colour and keeping it to a limited pallete really fits the theme. Can't imagine how long all that half-toning took you!!

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Totally agree. Fantastic use of colour and keeping it to a limited pallete really fits the theme. Can't imagine how long all that half-toning took you!!

George

Actually not that long, just created grids of dots using smart-duplicate and then pasted the resulting groups into other objects.

That said, can't wait for AD to get a proper pattern-fill feature. Will improve my workflow considerably *hint hint*  ;)

---