You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't open .aftemplate file in Affinity Designer for iPad

I created some templates in Affinity Designer destkop version and saved them in Google Drive. When I try to open them up in Affinity Designer on the iPad they are grayed out. If i go straight to the folder in Google Drive, they are not grayed out, but when I click on it, choose 'Share' and choose to open with Designer, it won't open but it will open in Photo, if I choose that. I'm not sure what the issue it. The template file is .aftemplate. 

So what I want to be able to do is open up Designer for the iPad, tap the + button, choose 'New From Template' and open up the template. How can I do this? thanks

• Staff

Hi chbrier,

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately it looks like any of our files stored on Google Drive are being prevented from opening. Currently the only workaround I can suggest is to either use iCloud, Dropbox or simply store them in Files.

I'll get this passed onto development.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.